I get paid soon and I'm looking for a decent amp for small gigs. Looking to spend around £400 max.
I have a epiphone dot and I'm still pretty much a noob. The bands we cover include the likes of the strokes, the arctic monkeys, nirvana, jimi hendrix experience, qotsa, the libertines, kings of leon, editors, arctic monkeys, cream, ocean colour scene, muse etc. etc. etc.

I'm not bothered about an amp with amazing built in effects (effects pedals are next pay day's job), I just need something reasonably priced that'll sound badass with some nice pedals and cover the sounds i'm looking for.
I was initially gonna have a look for a vox or fender hot rod.
So, aye, any ideas?
Look for a used Marshall JCM2000 401 DSL combo, or a Laney Lionheart.
do you need multiple channels, lots of clean headroom etc.?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Styxonthebrain
diezel

please show me where I can buy a Diezel for £400 - I could do with a shop like that!
You could possibly find a nice used Marshall JCM 800 on ebay for around that. Equally, if you can push your budget up to £500 then this would be perfect
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mesa-Boogie-Dual-Caliber-DC-3-Combo-Guitar-Amplifier-93-/250652835565?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item3a5c12beed#ht_635wt_1012

as used by Kurt Cobain at one point...

If you're looking for an amp for home use only, then I'd look at a Marshall Class 5 and use the rest of your money to buy a nice boost like the Vox Satchurator, or possibly the aforementioned Laney Lionheart.
yeah i wouldn't mind a diezel for £400 either
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What wattage would I be needing? I'm looking for something for small to medium gigs, pubs, clubs etc...
I'm thinking I might just put 350 aside this pay, and put that with 350 next month's pay and push my budget up to about 700

But yeah, I'll go to a shop and try a few out, just looking to narrow down my options.
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah i wouldn't mind a diezel for £400 either

If I ever saw a Diezel for that cheap, I would buy it instantly.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
I'll up all ya'all and offer £401 for the Diezel!
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
a fender hot rod would be good for the indie styles mentioned there, and plenty loud enough....
a vox ac15/30 would also be good, if they are in your price range...
Quote by knighty123
What wattage would I be needing? I'm looking for something for small to medium gigs, pubs, clubs etc...
I'm thinking I might just put 350 aside this pay, and put that with 350 next month's pay and push my budget up to about 700

But yeah, I'll go to a shop and try a few out, just looking to narrow down my options.

Quote by Dave_Mc
do you need multiple channels, lots of clean headroom etc.?

you really need to answer that. i don't gig, but the consensus seems to be that 15-20 watts is enough if you don't need cleans. more like 30-50 if you do. (by cleans i mean pristine, not-breaking-up cleans)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The list for these its always the same...

Epiphone Blues Custom 30
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
VOX AC15 or used AC30

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees