Hey, I'm going to buy a new guitar, and was wondering if you guys knew of one that could get both a Sabbath and 80's metal sound, preferrably with a neck and bridge humbucker, fast neck, and a trem bar that can pull off crazy Chris Holmes stuff and still stay in tune, as well as cost no more then 1000 dollars
which amp and effects do you have?
will you use various tunings with this guitar?
do you need 24 frets?
do you want a crazy shape?
would you buy a used guitar?
would you buy new pickups if it were necesary?
hello

n.n
I don't think any of the Kramers go above $500, and they seem to be high-quality guitars(I played a Kramer V a few days ago and I would've bought it were it not for the Floyd Rose on it, which I'm not a big fan of, and the fact that it was a righty and I'm a lefty) for metal, and a lot of them have Floyd Roses, which are probably the most popular whammy bar for doing crazy stuff. If you don't mind the super-thin necks Ibanez might be a nice choice too.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by BusterSword
which amp and effects do you have?
will you use various tunings with this guitar?
do you need 24 frets?
do you want a crazy shape?
would you buy a used guitar?
would you buy new pickups if it were necesary?

Right now I have a late eighties/ early nineties Marshall mini stack (3005), I wouldnt mind buying used, and I have another guitar that I would use for alternate tunings, so thats not a problem. Also, I wouldnt mind a V or Rhoads shape, but I'm not a fan of the Dime shapes. Right now I have one with a Strat shape
Last edited by iEatBabies666 at Jun 19, 2010,
Changing tunings + Floyd Roses = bad idea.

It takes 20 mins to 2 hours to change tunings depending on how good you are with things like that.

Nonetheless a Prestige Ibanez would be a good choice for you.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG1550M-Electric-Guitar?sku=501362

If you really want a V shape then you should check out store sites for a V shape within your budget.

And buying used is probably the best thing you could do. You might be able to save $300 on a guitar you really like.