Okay, so I bought some copper shielding tape from StewMac and I got some questions.

Questions:

1.) Does the shielding have to be PERFECT? Like no little missing areas at all? And would imperfect shielding actually be counter-productive; make things worse?

2.) Do I need to shield the insides of where a stop-tail bridge pins go, like where its posted in the body? I've seen people shield the cavity of Tele ashtray bridges. Originally, I plan to only shield the electronic cavity and pickup cavities.

3.) Should I do more then one layer? I will obviously overlap often, but I mean like a whole new layer on top?

And lastly

4.) When grounding pickups, is it better to ground to the pots or to the copper shielding? Or doesn't matter?

Thanks guys! I've read other threads, though few, but couldn't find these questions addressed. Hope I didn't overlook a thread and am double-posting.
Okay, so I bought some copper shielding tape from StewMac and I got some questions.

Questions:

1.) Does the shielding have to be PERFECT? Like no little missing areas at all? And would imperfect shielding actually be counter-productive; make things worse?

>No

2.) Do I need to shield the insides of where a stop-tail bridge pins go, like where its posted in the body? I've seen people shield the cavity of Tele ashtray bridges. Originally, I plan to only shield the electronic cavity and pickup cavities.

>It does not matter

3.) Should I do more then one layer? I will obviously overlap often, but I mean like a whole new layer on top?

>If you want

And lastly

4.) When grounding pickups, is it better to ground to the pots or to the copper shielding? Or doesn't matter?

>Pots

Thanks guys! I've read other threads, though few, but couldn't find these questions addressed. Hope I didn't overlook a thread and am double-posting.
You need to ground to the shielding too.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
just ground the shielding, not TO the shieldng. the last thing you want is your ground plane dependent on the integrity of copper tape.

wrap a wire around a screw and screw it into the side of the cavity (hopefully you shield the sides as well), then solder the other end of the wire to the rest of your grounds.

sorry to nit-pick, just putting it out there.
Thank you Azertosia. Invader, nit-picking the better haha. Thank you everyone else.

TC and rock on!