http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/1788600597.html

Going to check this out today. Seems to be priced pretty well and looks to be in good condition. What are some things I should look for besides maintenance history? I know it is an automatic which I'm sure many people throw the hands up and say WHY!!?!? In lieu of that should I be concerned about the tranny at this mileage?

Finally, how practical is it for a college senior to be buying one of these cars? I've always loved miata (my friend's dad had one we used to ride around in all the time) and they seem to be decently reliable. As far as maintenance and repair cost, what can I expect?

And in your opinion is this a good deal?

Thanks guys.
My Gear:
-Fender American 1962 Stratocaster Reissue
-1984 Marshall JCM 800 2204
-Ibanez Wh-10 Original
-Boss DS-2 Distortion
-Boss CE-5 Chorus
160K miles? Should be ok.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Eh, personally I would never buy a miata unless it was manual. As for the pricing, maybe a little high for a 97 and 160,000 miles.

It wouldn't be a bad car, but like I said. A miata without a manual tranny just doesn't seem fun at all.
it's a Mazda
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by darb0114
Eh, personally I would never buy a miata unless it was manual. As for the pricing, maybe a little high for a 97 and 160,000 miles.

It wouldn't be a bad car, but like I said. A miata without a manual tranny just doesn't seem fun at all.

Cars in Ga. wear better than cars in Mi. No winters to contend with. I'd rather have an automatic at 160k miles than a manual.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Good point on the Georgia thing. It would be in good condition on that.

I guess I'm just bias on the manual. I drove one for 5 years and now been driving an auto for 2. I miss the manual so much. Plus I feel like I have way more control with the manual. Just a preference.
Quote by darb0114
Good point on the Georgia thing. It would be in good condition on that.

I guess I'm just bias on the manual. I drove one for 5 years and now been driving an auto for 2. I miss the manual so much. Plus I feel like I have way more control with the manual. Just a preference.

I agree if it were new. But I know what I'd be like in a Miata with a manual. Wouldn't be much left when I sold it.

Quote by O.O Meow O.O
it's a Mazda

Zoom zoom.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
I know Mazda's can take quite a beating and still run fine. My 2000 Protege has around that mileage and still runs beautifully, even with the beatings I put it through. That's with Canadian winters too, I would imagine the Miata has gone through a lot less.
See if they have a place to store your vagina.

But 160 k miles on a car is a lot. The price seems to make up for that though. I'd try to talk them down though (Say because of the high mileage).
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Jackal58
I agree if it were new. But I know what I'd be like in a Miata with a manual. Wouldn't be much left when I sold it.

HAHAHA!!!!
160k miles isn't terrible assuming the car was well cared for.

The price still seems high for a Mazda with that many miles on it though.
Im gunna try and get it for $2800 and then go have it fully serviced by a friend of mine who is a mechanic.
My Gear:
-Ibanez Wh-10 Original
-Boss DS-2 Distortion
-Boss CE-5 Chorus
All I know is I bought my ex a Mazda with a ton of miles, and it ended up being a lot of trouble.
Quote by daytripper75
160k miles isn't terrible assuming the car was well cared for.

The price still seems high for a Mazda with that many miles on it though.
I'm biased towards cars with 160k miles on it because my first car had that many miles and it was a lemon. Apparently the previous owner didn't change the oil ONCE!

So I'm just saying, TS, be careful what you buy.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
I'm biased towards cars with 160k miles on it because my first car had that many miles and it was a lemon. Apparently the previous owner didn't change the oil ONCE!

Yeah I understand. Buying a car with that much mileage on it will always be a little risky.

I don't know much about the reliability of Mazdas, so I can't say if that seems high for one or not.
Quote by element4433

Quote by element4433
See if they have a place to store your vagina.

But 160 k miles on a car is a lot. The price seems to make up for that though. I'd try to talk them down though (Say because of the high mileage).

I wasn't going to mention the whole "girlie car" thing. If he's man enough to drive a Miata he can probably wear pink polo shirts too.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
I wasn't going to mention the whole "girlie car" thing. If he's man enough to drive a Miata he can probably wear pink polo shirts too.

I wasn't gonna bring it up either since I know sometimes options are limited.

But now that it's been said...

DUDE! The Miata is a total girl car. Like, one of the ultimate girl cars of all time. Of course maybe you are a girl. In that case just ignore me.

GIRL.
I guess I'm the dick of this thread
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by daytripper75
I wasn't gonna bring it up either since I know sometimes options are limited.

But now that it's been said...

DUDE! The Miata is a total girl car. Like, one of the ultimate girl cars of all time. Of course maybe you are a girl. In that case just ignore me.

GIRL.

It is such a girlie car that lesbians drive them to pick up girls. It gets no girlier than that!!!!

Quote by element4433
I guess I'm the dick of this thread

You're a terrible troll that nobody likes.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Hahaha dude. Miata's are sick. Its nice as hell inside and fun to drive.
My Gear:
-Ibanez Wh-10 Original
-Boss DS-2 Distortion
-Boss CE-5 Chorus
I love miata's, have owned them in the past. It's too bad your is an automatic, because they are a thrill to drive with a manual. For all you people who would fear for a manual at 160k, improve your shifting skills

And Miata's are not a girls car! I can't imagine a guy not wanting to drive a 2000lbs car with some of the best handling in it's price range.
Last edited by acidrockgreen at Jun 19, 2010,
Quote by GuitarGuy2387
Hahaha dude. Miata's are sick. Its nice as hell inside and fun to drive.

yeah. for GIRLS.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
i dont think there's enough trunk space for all your tampons.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Acϵ♠
i dont think there's enough trunk space for all your tampons.

Everyone's such an ass now because of element4433. If it were me, I'd probably try to haggle a little. That seems a bit steep for a thirteen year old car with 160k on it. Then again, I am poor and cheap.

lolchickcar
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ The aeroplane
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ flies high, turns
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ left, looks right.
lol you play guitar and are buying a miata your better off just getting a harley, same space plus youll look like a man instead of a high school female
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
I'd get a Miata in a heartbeat. As far as corner carving, for that price range, it's as good as it gets. The guy from top gear gave it 5 stars only because he couldn't give it 16 stars.

The haters are just jealous. There is no car that is more fun for that price.
Quote by mort1
know im in the wrong forum
im not stupid........... duh
if you havent notised there is alot of ignorant people here,,,,,,,
I drive a 91' Mazda Miata with a stick, 197K miles, and I have to tell you, I love every minute of it. You never fishtail no matter how slick it is or how much snow is on the ground, headrest stereos are kickass, just make sure you never plan to drive a group of people anywhere. It really sucks.
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
lolwaiyouwantsuchachikcarbrahryougheybtw???
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by SubjectNameHere

Everyone's such an ass now because of element4433. If it were me, I'd probably try to haggle a little. That seems a bit steep for a thirteen year old car with 160k on it. Then again, I am poor and cheap.

lolchickcar
It was just a joke

And I gave useful advice too!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano