Hey guys,

I've got a problem with my GCB-95 crybaby wah, this is my signal chain, tokai strat or explorer--->BOSS MT-2 metal zone --->GCB-95 wah--->Kustom Kga10fx.

Whenever i use the wah and distortion at the same time, the wah beheves really weirdly, toe down and tons of volume and treble, heel down and the volume is dramatically reduced.

Please advise.
Wah pedals just don't work very well with gain, especially behind distortion pedals. You can try putting it in front of the distortion, but my guess is that with the amount of gain you're using, it's not ever going to sound right.
I thought that but then i thought how does Kirk Hammett get such an awesome lead tone on enter sandman and other metallica stuff
Wah before a really nice overdriven tube amp, and good studio production.
Quote by Roc8995
Wah before a really nice overdriven tube amp, and good studio production.

Yeah, in my experience/opinion, wah works best before distortion and other effects.

EDIT: Roc - you're from Madison? Same here!
i've never had good experiences with wah being after distortion. put it before the distortion and it should work better
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by hildesaw
Yeah, in my experience/opinion, wah works best before distortion and other effects.

EDIT: Roc - you're from Madison? Same here!

Yup, I go to the UW. I do cheap tech work, if you ever need something local
Here's your next problem though, the wah when you're not using it is sucking all of the tone out. You should mod it for true bypass. I played through an unmodded crybaby and wanted to cry myself. Now that I have the true bypass mod and red fasel I have the best damn wah that money can...mod.
Peavey XXX 40efx
Schecter C1+ (sd 59bA4 neck/sd Custom8 Bridge)
Washburn Idol WI45(AirNorton/CrunchLab)

ESP/LTD Viper 300(EMG81b,89n)
Boss SD-1, Crybaby, MXR 6-band EQ,
Digitech DL-8 Delay Looper, SupaCharga
I had a GCB-95, that was the ultimate tone sucker until I modded it. THe 535Q apparently doesn't have true bypass but they might use a better buffer than the GCB95? I'd just test it in and out of your pedal chain and see if you hear any difference, if not then you have nothing to worry about.
Peavey XXX 40efx
Schecter C1+ (sd 59bA4 neck/sd Custom8 Bridge)
Washburn Idol WI45(AirNorton/CrunchLab)

ESP/LTD Viper 300(EMG81b,89n)
Boss SD-1, Crybaby, MXR 6-band EQ,
Digitech DL-8 Delay Looper, SupaCharga