I'm probably gonna get new gear soon, but I don't know what I should look into. Probably gonna put around 500$ on the amp. I want it to be a tube amp(pure tube amp, amplification by tube and rectifying by tube). It's mainly for practice, but I'd probably be jamming, possibly with a drummer.

The sound I'd like to achieve is somewhat like Mustaine's. My current guitar is doesn't matter as I'd get a new guitar aswell(probably a Jackson DKMG, still unsure).
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

A used Marshall JCM2000 DSL combo should get you close to Mustaine's tone.
You mean tube power amplification and tube preamplification?

Tube rectification is a feature that isn't extremely common especially on cheaper amps. I think the cheapest amp (that I recall) with a tube rectifier is the Bugera BC30, but that's not a particularly high gain amp.
The funny thing is that Mustaine's amps don't even have tube rectifiers.

Marshall JCM 800 or 900 should do you well... the 2000, as mentioned above, will do you fine also.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Tedward
You mean tube power amplification and tube preamplification?

Tube rectification is a feature that isn't extremely common especially on cheaper amps. I think the cheapest amp (that I recall) with a tube rectifier is the Bugera BC30, but that's not a particularly high gain amp.

How about if I use a distortion pedal with the Bugera?

But yeah I mean power and preamp tubes.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Quote by Raijouta
The funny thing is that Mustaine's amps don't even have tube rectifiers.

Marshall JCM 800 or 900 should do you well... the 2000, as mentioned above, will do you fine also.

Does JCM 800-900 have tube rectifiers?
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Quote by Spike6sic6
Does JCM 800-900 have tube rectifiers?

I'm pretty sure only the earliest of Marshall amps have tube rectifiers (JTM 45).

It doesn't really matter whether an amp has a tube rectifier or not for it to be considered 'tube'. As long as it has preamp and power amp tubes, it's a tube amp.

For what you play, you don't want a tube rectifier anyway - it'd make your sound loose and saggy, when what you want is tight and punchy.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??