I need a new guitar, I play metal and need theese specs:

Bridge type doesnt matter
Not a BC rich.
EMG's
Under 750 GBP

I have seen:
Dean Razorback V255
Fender Jim Root Tele

Ask for more info, and about "metal" I mean metallica, trivium, killswitch engage etc.
Gear
Epiphone Sg special <---meh

Peavey Vypyr 30 <---awesome

Hello
Last edited by bigman123 at Jun 19, 2010,
What? Do you want us to reccomend some metal guitars? I don't see one of these -->?<--in your post. What was the question?
ESP for the EMG's. Schecter is supposed to be pretty good. You could always build a guitar from scratch.
Gear:
American Strat (Modded with Kinman Pickups and more )
PRS Paul Allender (Don't like Cradle of Filth though )
Line 6 Spider Valve 212 (Broken )
Blackstar HT-5 Combo Amp

DR.ZOIDBERG!!!!! (Very inspirational)
Quote by Jyrgen
Does budget matter?

Oh yeah, 750 GBP, Editing OP now
Gear

Hello
Schecter's are sweeeeeeet. Many models, such as the Hellraiser, come with EMGs, have the option of a Floyd or fixed bridge, usually a string through type TonePros setup. Damn nice guitars, used by the likes of Jeff Loomis of Nevermore, Avenged Sevenfold, and many more.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
You're playing through a modelling amp and won't hear any difference.

This.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
I have to go with Schecter Hellraiser too. They are nice guitars for 800 bucks. I have not seen any other guitars that can compete construction wise other then Epiphone LP. Go for the Schecter, if you don't like the EMG's in it then sell them and get the right EMGs you want.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
You don't need EMGs.
You're playing through a modelling amp and won't hear any difference.

Just my $0.02

Actually, this
ok, So if I didnt need EMG's, would an RR5 be sufficient?
also, if I were to get a tube amp would the EMG's make a difference?
Gear

Hello
As someone who has a £2,300 guitar with EMG's, I would advise against getting them unless you have more cash. In my experience, they sound horrid on any guitar below the high-end of the market. If you're lucky and can find a guitar that is cheaper but still very well made then it might work, and I'm sure it's not every cheaper guitar, but until my guitar I hadn't played a single guitar with EMG's that I was happy with the sound of. I only even tried mine because it had my dream spec otherwise, and I still feel I'll rip out the bridge and neck EMG's and put BKP Nailbombs in instead. And on a cheap amp the difference might even be unnoticeable

To sum up my rambling: Personally, I don't feel EMG's will sound good on a guitar that is made to suit a lower budget. Then again, £750 could get you a good Schecter or decent Ibanez. Don't think you'll find any decent ESP's in that range though hehe.

Edit: Damn, why must I write in such a long-winded manner and be beaten to my point
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Last edited by DisarmGoliath at Jun 19, 2010,
Quote by bigman123
ok, So if I didnt need EMG's, would an RR5 be sufficient?
also, if I were to get a tube amp would the EMG's make a difference?

Yes and yes
Tbh i'd invest in a mid-range guitar and a better amp.
You'd get overall better tone.

http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Jackson-Mark-Morton-D2-Dominion~ID~12163.asp a nice guitar there.

And any randall/ MA marshall series should be sufficient. Or you could try a laney.

But if you must go for a guitar overall,
http://www.thomann.de/gb/dbz_guitars_bird_of_prey.html

this is an AMAZING guitar. a razorback killer, and a better spec for the price.
Last edited by Glenn Guitar at Jun 19, 2010,
Quote by Glenn Guitar
Tbh i'd invest in a mid-range guitar and a better amp.
You'd get overall better tone.

I agree.
I'd also like to point out I went for good amp first, while using mid-range guitars and think it was the right decision.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
what about a prs Se custom and a better amp.
Gear

Hello
EMGs?

Get Bareknuckle Pick ups.
Carvin V3 - Matamp 4x12 - VHT Valvulator - Maxon OD808 - Visual Volume Pedal

EH Cathedral - Ibanez DE7