Page 5 of 22
It's 4:41 pm here, and I'm completely wasted. Coupled with my new found love for Travoltas, this is the best time to write some pop-punk stuff.

EDIT:
It's now 1:00 am, I'm making an omelette (still drunk) and singing/dancing along to The Copyrights in my underwear.

Seriously, all you Paramore fans can eat your hearts out. I've had the pop-punkiest day of all time.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Last edited by nashawa at Aug 21, 2010,
So i feel like a lot of us either live on the east coast or in europe...

Now for those of us on the east coast we know we have a pretty sweet music scene but i was wondering if anyone knew anything about a west coast scene

I mean we all listen to a lot of awesome current bands but it seems like they're all from NY or MD or PA

Is it just cause we all live in those areas and dont know about a California scene or is there just a lack of good music over there?
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Quote by Guitarist132
So i feel like a lot of us either live on the east coast or in europe...

Now for those of us on the east coast we know we have a pretty sweet music scene but i was wondering if anyone knew anything about a west coast scene

I mean we all listen to a lot of awesome current bands but it seems like they're all from NY or MD or PA

Is it just cause we all live in those areas and dont know about a California scene or is there just a lack of good music over there?

Ahah! I live in Wisconsin, though admittedly im from NJ. In terms of an east coast music scene, at least when I lived there, I always thought that it had tons of potential and room to grow. But now that I live near what I consider the heart of "scene" music, Chicago, I see that compared to what they're doing in ShiTown, the east coast scene is still a baby.
Too lazy to come up with a clever or relevant sig.
There's actually a ridiculously good hardcore and screamo scene in California, but as far as pop punk and emo go not really.

Good active California bands off the top of my head:
All Teeth, Beau Navire, Bridges, Brother Bear, Ceremony, Comadre, Dangers, Graf Orlock, Loma Prieta, Punch, Sabertooth Zombie, Strike to Survive, Touche Amore, Until Your Heart Stops, Versions, Who Calls So Loud
I'm an asshole.
Swedish people seem to really love their electro trance and house music. As far as i know theres not really a pop punk / emo scene where i am atm.
no pop punk and emo scene here either really. the scene in mass south shore is going through a weird dead phase at the moment, anything could happen here.
Melbourne has both a good and shit hardcore scene. AFAIK, we used to have a screamo scene(?) Not sure bout pop-punk
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Hey if you like to meet new people, tlk to me. trust me. I'm really cool to tlk to, I'm really understanding with people. I can tlk to you about anything. like relationships, people, sucky life like mine, and lots of things. I'm really good with talking with people. Well i need to meet people to tlk to on here so tlk to me if you like. My name is Zack, and I'm 16.
Quote by emoboy027
Hey if you like to meet new people, tlk to me. trust me. I'm really cool to tlk to, I'm really understanding with people. I can tlk to you about anything. like relationships, people, sucky life like mine, and lots of things. I'm really good with talking with people. Well i need to meet people to tlk to on here so tlk to me if you like. My name is Zack, and I'm 16.

Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by lookpizza
There's actually a ridiculously good hardcore and screamo scene in California, but as far as pop punk and emo go not really.

Good active California bands off the top of my head:
All Teeth, Beau Navire, Bridges, Brother Bear, Ceremony, Comadre, Dangers, Graf Orlock, Loma Prieta, Punch, Sabertooth Zombie, Strike to Survive, Touche Amore, Until Your Heart Stops, Versions, Who Calls So Loud

Sabertooth Zombie is still active? That's some pretty good news. I do not believe Who Calls So Loud is active anymore, however. As far as CA hardcore goes Second Opinion, Crime Desire, Migraine, Ghostlimb, Lewd Acts, and Dangers are all active and all good.
Quote by SadistNation
Sabertooth Zombie is still active? That's some pretty good news. I do not believe Who Calls So Loud is active anymore, however. As far as CA hardcore goes Second Opinion, Crime Desire, Migraine, Ghostlimb, Lewd Acts, and Dangers are all active and all good.

Yea dude Sabertooth is still active, they and Ceremony are actually about to go on a European tour. You're totally right about Who Calls So Loud though, which is a bummer.
I'm an asshole.
shows how long its been I've been here, the mods are prolly the only ones left that I remember.

I tried making one of these once and it was closed

So dumb question. When did Panic at the Disco split?
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I've just bought myself a ticket to see The Gaslight Anthem, I'm so excited it's pathetic.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
I saw Mustard Plug on saturday night at a nearby college where a friend and the girl I'm seeing goes to, apparently they live right by the college (Aquinas College in Grand Rapids, MI). It was a pretty fun show
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
shows how long its been I've been here, the mods are prolly the only ones left that I remember.

I tried making one of these once and it was closed

So dumb question. When did Panic at the Disco split?

Did they?? I actually really liked that first one.
I'm an asshole.
Quote by lookpizza
Did they?? I actually really liked that first one.

That's what I heard, maybe she was mistaken?? I actually like their second album better, their first one took a long time to grow on me
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I'm pretty certain 2 of the members left. Last i heard the 2 that left we're in a band called Young Guns and going more in the direction of the second album whilst the ones that stayed got some new (temporary?) members and were going back towards their first album style.

Some of their first album was pretty awesome, it just got picked up by the hyperscene kids and got shunned by everyone who tries too hard to get music cred.
Yea, when they came out I never could get into them, but I remember I really liked when they released the Green Gentlemen, and so I tried to get into their other stuff and it really isn't too bad, it's more creative than people give credit, while seeming so basic on the surface
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by StonaLemons
I'm pretty certain 2 of the members left. Last i heard the 2 that left we're in a band called Young Guns and going more in the direction of the second album whilst the ones that stayed got some new (temporary?) members and were going back towards their first album style.

Some of their first album was pretty awesome, it just got picked up by the hyperscene kids and got shunned by everyone who tries too hard to get music cred.

Its not Young Guns, they're british. The two that left are in a band called something like The Young Veins.
Quote by wibble~
The Young Veins.

I saw that band open for Foxy Shazam. I thought they sucked. They literally dressed and sounded like a shitty Beatles cover band. I get that everyone is acting like the Beatles to some small degree but it was like they were dressed up for Halloween or something. Sorry that I probably broke the train of conversation but I see that band's name everywhere.

Panic! might have been a better band... that's scary.

Quote by TheReverend724

WELL I CAN'T MAKE IT ON MY OWN!!!

cuz ur harts in ohio

Do they listen to Animal Collective? If so, there's your proof

Hey... That's my favorite band next to BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME.

ASU!
Quote by emoboy027

10/10, might sig.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Oh hey. So you guys' off-topic thread has 5 pages, huh? Ya that's cool. Guess how many pages the REAL PUNK forum's off-topic thread has. Go on. Guess.

ANYWAY that's not what I came in here for. This is:
Quote by emoboy027

Quote by werty22
Oh hey. So you guys' off-topic thread has 5 pages, huh? Ya that's cool. Guess how many pages the REAL PUNK forum's off-topic thread has. Go on. Guess.

The punk forum has very little to do with punk. You know this.
I'm an asshole.
anyone read anything good lately?

i'm reading on the road, its interesting...never knew the term hipster was around in the 1940's/50's
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
It has always been a term for "pretentious art students."
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I'm reading 'The Folklore of the Discworld' - book by Terry Pratchett essentially explaining how hes bastardized hundreds of folklore traditions in his books. Its pretty interesting, stuff like a theory on how wizards are generally seen as respectable and wise whilst witches are evil maybe because an old man with a beard looks wise whilst an old women looks dogged.
Well i don't like to brag but i cut and my legs are ****ed up so bad, i will never have white legs on my top of my calfs and thighs. it is so ****ing deep.
I've been walking with a limp all week from getting taken out whilst playing football.
Quote by emoboy027
Well i don't like to brag but i cut and my legs are ****ed up so bad, i will never have white legs on my top of my calfs and thighs. it is so ****ing deep.

WHAT?
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by lookpizza
The punk forum has very little to do with punk. You know this.

Shhhhh.
Quote by nashawa

WHAT?

I agree WHAAAAT I DONT EVEN.

Incidentally I'm reading On the Road as well. I'm a little disappointed in the writing style thus far. I was hoping for more ranting and brooding.

Normally I wouldn't impose myself on a foreign off-topic thread like this, but this "emo boy" fellow has my attention.
I'm actually reading On The Road too. I like the writing style, it seems almost impressionistic at times. The story is interested to say the least.
I'm coming down with flu 2 days before I go to see The Gaslight Anthem.

FUCK YOU, GOD! I'LL FUCK YOUR SHIT UP.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S