Poll: wood mount or other one?
Poll Options
View poll results: wood mount or other one?
wood mount
1 25%
other one
3 75%
Voters: 4.
I am just about to buy a warmoth custom body and I intend to buy a dimarzio air zone in the bridge, warmoth give the option of either a wood mount or normal bridge mount which is right for a dimarzio air zone?????
Either way is technically 'correct'. It's just two way of doing it. Supposedly direct mount gives you more sustain but it won't be a massive difference.
Here's a direct mount on an EVH Wolfgang:

And a ring mount on a Gibson Les Paul:
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
If you don't even know the difference between wood mount and regular pickguard/ring mounting, please do not buy anything from Warmoth. Unless you really know what you are doing, you will almost certainly regret your (expensive) purchase. Warmoth make fantastic products and their parts can result in some almost peerless instruments, but with so many options available and so much of it being down to what is right for you and you needing to know exactly what is best for you, if you're at all unsure about anything then stay well away from them. If you don't know what you're ordering then it becomes very easy to accidentally spend a small fortune on parts that don't suit you at all.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.