Can anybody help recommend some challenging instrumental acoustic songs that sound nice, to learn; ex. Andy McKee acoustic-only song, no other instruments in the song please. If they were in standard tuning that would be great too.
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
the tab on here is totally different from the many versions on youtube
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
Quote by kazra90
the tab on here is totally different from the many versions on youtube

Don't use tabs for Ocean. Ocean is basically a motif, not exactly a song (though it becomes a song when it's performed, simply by putting all the pieces together with a little extra something). So work out all the basic riffs by ear and improv the rest to your liking.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
On public transport I furiously masturbate while trying to make eye contact with as many people as possible for as long as possible.
Have you learned classical guitar? If not, consider giving it a try. There will be tons of challenging classical pieces to learn and they are almost all written just for solo guitar.
Some of Andy McKee's stuff is incredibly challenging which can sometimes be frustrating, but a few of his songs are not too difficult to play yet still provide quite a challenge to learn. I would recommend "All Laid Back and Stuff," its not too difficult and tons of fun to play. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYFYL5m3118

I know that his song "Ebon Coast" is in standard tuning and there are tabs available on this site as well.

Craig D'Andrea is another fantastic guitarist, and this song has some challenges as well. The first half is fairly easy, but when it gets to the tapping part, be prepared to spend some hours working on it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_R60vFZzGI
Try learning Classical Gas performed by Eric Clapton. A bit less ridiculous than Andy McKee shit but still pretty sick
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"