Hey!
I'm looking for a new electro-acoustic guitar for around £200-£250. I play standard rock (Foo Fighters, Audioslave Ect.) I am willing to go £50 over my budget, and I will buy used or new, as long as it's a high quality guitar. Thanks!
Quote by CharlieSlyster
Hey!
I'm looking for a new electro-acoustic guitar for around £200-£250. I play standard rock (Foo Fighters, Audioslave Ect.) I am willing to go £50 over my budget, and I will buy used or new, as long as it's a high quality guitar. Thanks!

Tanglewood TW45 on ebay..right now.

You won't get a "high quality" guitar new, for £200-£250. Secondhand, possibly.

In the UK, where we are, Tanglewood offer the best quality for the money in that price range and then the very best quality for the money would be Faith Guitars, but they cost more than double what you have...but still cheap for what you get.

So is your budget £250 or £300?
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Last edited by Skeet UK at Jun 19, 2010,
You will usually get a better deal secondhand.

Trouble is, if you go to local shops...they are making money..so you don't get as good a deal..but you can see it and play it.

If you buy off ebay, you are going direct and will get the best deal...but normally, you cant see it or play it, and will have to pay some postage on it.

Put Tanglewood TW45 into ebay and you will see one, currently at £180, no bids...also comes with an SKB hard case, which is worth £100 plus on it's own. Mind you, looking at it...it doesn't have electronics...but you could add VERY good ones later.

Generally...look at Tanglewoods if you are buying new...or perhaps, Yamaha etc. You want at the very least a solid top, preferably top and back, sides too at a push.

Takamine are another fantastic brand, but will usually cost you more.

If it says "Solid Sitka Spruce top, Mahogany back and sides" then the back and sides are laminated, not solid.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!