hey, i need some help from people who know about sound system hook ups....

so, i have 5.1 speaker system for my computer but the speakers aren't spread around the room like they are suppose to be. they are just all in front of me and the sub is under the desk.Whats the best way to hook them up to my computer? a friend said to get an adapter to convert the 3 wires into 1 wire to go into the back of my computer.but is there a better way to hook them up?I could put the 3 wires into the individual jacks but wouldn't it sound weird, since the speakers aren't spread out?
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
If they're not spread out then the 2 rear speakers are useless, don't even bother with them.
why not spread them out?
Quote by I.O.T.M
Quote by Jackal58
Belgium ain't got no stinkin' cowboys.

Just paedophiles and chocolate.

~Shadowdust~
cant spread them out cuz there's a door to the left and no wall to mount to on the right lol
Ibanez GRX40 - modified

Transformice
Ideally they should be at ear height, with the cetre speaker under the screen and the fronts as equal distance as possible either side. The rears should actually be either side of you as opposed to behind you- 5.1 is actually front, centre, sub and surround as standard- 7.1 is when you start getting rear/surround back speakers.

The surrounds should also ideally be equal distance from the listening point, but it isn't critical. The sub you can place anywhere, even behind something (but not fully enclosed, as that will create a bass pocket).

EDIT: Does the system have it's own amplifier? If so, it may well have a configuration microphone which makes setting upeach individual speaker miles easier.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
EDIT: Does the system have it's own amplifier? If so, it may well have a configuration microphone which makes setting upeach individual speaker miles easier.

sorry what system? the speakers are logitech z5300e, and i have realtek HD audio sound card thing lol
Ibanez GRX40 - modified

Transformice