Sup all,
I am a simple man ready to venture into the world of rack gear. I am an idiot with this stuff and know very little. I've seen some video's and heard some great things about both the Pod and the Fractal Axe-fx (however $2000 is out of my range by a mile). So I find myself looking to snag a Pod X3 pro.

Question:
Can I run the Pod through a rack unit (wireless, Pod, Power conditoner, pre-amp?) and right into my cab without the head?

Thanks Dudes!
Equipment:
ESP LTD EC-1000
Agile 727 Interceptor Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Marshall 1960A Cab
Peavey 6505+
Rack stuff

Whoop Whoop. Holla.
The pod is just a preamp, you need some of power amp to drive a cab.
What you could do is run the POD through the effects return/power amp in/line in of your head then into the cab.
^ +1
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Also buying used you may snag yourself a much better unit than a POD X3 Rack unit.

Quite often Rocktron Prophesies sell for very little on Ebay and these units are very very underrated. I would recommend getting a prophesy second hand over a line 6 unit if you can find one.

You may also be able to get yourself a Digitech 2101 from ebay also.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
While yall are on this subject, if you buy a pod x3, do you need a pre amp or can you just pair the power amp and x3 as a head? Sorry if thats exactly what he just asked but I need to know haha
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
sounds awesome. big help Sguit! and Talentless i checked the Prophesy out and it sounds great, definitely an option.
Equipment:
ESP LTD EC-1000
Agile 727 Interceptor Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Marshall 1960A Cab
Peavey 6505+
Rack stuff

Whoop Whoop. Holla.
Quote by zeminion
While yall are on this subject, if you buy a pod x3, do you need a pre amp or can you just pair the power amp and x3 as a head? Sorry if thats exactly what he just asked but I need to know haha

yes, the x3 is a preamp, which means when put into a power amp it makes a head
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.