so i've had a gibson les paul studio for about a year now. its a great guitar. the action on it is amazing. i've been with this new band for a few months and we're slowly making our way up. it's kind of a mix of metalcore and alternative. to give you an idea i've been influenced on my guitar writing by the band A Day To Remember. we've been playing a bunch of shows and we're about to take off on a little 14 show tour in july. i'm looking to switch up guitars for this tour. not saying anything against the les paul but it doesn't give me the sound that i really want anymore. its pretty good for slow riffs but when i switch up to a breakdown i'm not really getting the sound that's in my head. what's a good guitar for that can give me a good breakdown sound? i'd prefer a set bridge but i'm not a huge fan of floyd rose. price range would max out at about 1000 bucks. help me out.
Do you play clean sometimes in your music?
If you do then I suggest passive pickups.
Also, are there any shapes you're against?

Right now I'm working on:
- no floyd
- <$1000
and
- metalcore/alternative
How about a Fender Strat??? This guitar has large frets for easy playability and both single and double coiled pick ups for versatility.

ron666
Quote by siverstorm
Do you play clean sometimes in your music?
If you do then I suggest passive pickups.
Also, are there any shapes you're against?

Right now I'm working on:
- no floyd
- <$1000
and
- metalcore/alternative

not so much. almost all of my stuff is distorted. and i'm looking to get away from the les paul shape and i'm sure i don't like the v style or explorer style.