Hey All,

I'll be looking for a new Guitar in the next 3 - 6 months and I have my heart set on a Les Paul Standard. That being said, I can't afford the $3,000+ price tag that comes along with it!

I've been looking at several Les Paul copies as of late and my friend told me about the Sparrow Rat Rod. He calls it a 'Punk Rock Version of a Les Paul' and that certainly intregued me. Only thing is, I can't seem to find a store that carries Sparrow Guitars. I checked out the Website and they look impressive.

Anyone here have one? Or know someone that has one? I'd just like to hear more on the quality and they playability of these Guitars.

As always, thanks in advance.

-Major Bludd
AccousticMirror,

Way ahead of you, Bro. The Walter's Music Centre in Oshawa closed down 9 months ago, and Steve's Music Store in downtown T.O. don't have them in. The guy told me that they only had 2 Hollowbodies, anyway.

The other places are well out of my way, unfortunately.
when in doubt eBay it!!!! if you cant find it on eBay then youll just have to persevere and find one by other means
you should call them and see if they have stock though. seems weird that their distributor goes down and they don't update their site.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Did that.

The guy @ Steve's Music said they could order one for me, for roughly the same price that I could order one myself. They lady @ Walter's Music in Mississauga had no idea what Sparrow Guitars were and asked me to call back.
I've been told that they're comparable to the low to mid-range LP's. Anyone shed some light on this? Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

That being said, when you buy a Gibson you pay a great deal for that name on the Headstock...
Last edited by Major Bludd at Jun 19, 2010,
I love the custom paint jobs! Particularily the Ghost Flames! The whole classic Hot Rod thing really appeals to me...
Last edited by Major Bludd at Jun 20, 2010,
Sparrow guitars are the "bees knees" man! lol

i play Rat Rods and twangmasters. i almost had a slight endorsement deal with them a few years back.

they are made VERY well and play like the devil..lol

great setup, awsome electronics, hardware. a punk rockers dream guitar imo and they are not overly priced either. i get my guitars direct from Sparrow. they do alot of custom work as well
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Awesome! I play a cros between Classic Rock & Post Punk stuff so I'm looking for a very durable LP Clone because I can't afford the real thing.

Is there much of a difference (other than price) between the Rat Rod Pro & the Rat Rod Boss? Do they both have 22 frets?
im pretty sure they are 22 frets, the twangmasters are 21

you will not be dissappointed my friend. i wanted a les paul type guitar, but didnt like the weight and pickups gibson put on them so a guy from a punk band we met at a show had an endorsment from sparow and introduced me to them
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Sparrow offered (3) models: Pro, Boss and Ace

Pro = base model
Boss = Kent Armstong Pickups
Ace = Kent Armstrong Pickups and Bigsby Tremelo

All have 22 frets and 24 3/4" scale length
Sparrow guitars are cool guitars but very hard to find. Unfortunately I think they stopped manufacturing them. I saw one or two of them on eBay but they were used.

Encorev has the only sparrow guitars left in the US. Selling the last of them below normal retail prices at http://encorev.com/index.php/sparrow-guitars
Last edited by RatRod at Apr 19, 2011,