So yeah, as the title says. My G-string on my Ibanez sounds way off even when its in tune according to tuner.
Do i simply need a new set of strings?
Does it sound "off" only when fretted or at all times? If it's the former, then it's an intonation issue.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by guitarsftw
Does it sound "off" only when fretted or at all times? If it's the former, then it's an intonation issue.

My guitar is intonated its just when i play it open.
Quote by Jackamedmos
My guitar is intonated its just when i play it open.

How long has that set of strings been on your guitar?
Quote by AA00P
Quote by guitarsftw
How long has that set of strings been on your guitar?

Cant remember tbh, but its been a while, poor atm
Quote by Jackamedmos
Cant remember tbh, but its been a while, poor atm

OK, cuz old strings can act weird, but only if they're legitimately old, not just starting to dirt up a bit.
Quote by AA00P
Mine is the same too on my ibanez. It pisses me off to no end. I'll it says its right on my tuner, but I can tell its not when I play. WTF is the deal?
The G string is a funky string. It sounds different than the other strings mainly because the design is wrong.

For its gauge, it's at the lowest tension of any string on a guitar. I've been trying to find a set of strings with a wound .13 G string. Unfortunately my only option there is to buy singles from Ernie Ball.

Being old can make it sound even more strange.

Strings aren't very expensive. While I'm not a fan, I believe a pack of Ernie Ball strings goes for what, $4?