I'm building a tele out of swamp ash with a flamed maple top and a maple neck. I do believe this will be a bright guitar(correct me I'm wrong) but would adding bright pups make it sound too bright like overbearing (i like bright a guitar just not too much)

I play hard rock/punk and was thinking about putting Seymour duncans super distortions SH-6 in the bridge which is a bright pickup. Would this be a good choice?
Schecter C-1 classic
Fender Blues Junior

EHX metal muff
Digitech Hardwire delay
Rockband mic (gotta record some how)

new guitar: $282/$500
Eh...it really depends what you consider overbearing. Personally I think it would be too bright and you'd be better off with an SH4. The AlNiCo magnet of the SH4 should be a little darker and smoother than the ceramic magnet of the SH6 and it will also take the edge off the attack a bit. You might also consider an SH-11 for a little less treble content and more mush than a JB if your amp is really bright and articulate. But yeah, in descending order of treble content and attack: SH-6->SH-4->SH-11 Just remember that none of them are bad choices. It all depends on your personal taste, so get what you judge to be the best for you.
My Tele Project!

Cheapy Johnson Steel String Acoustic
Les Paul Ripoff w/ SD SH2 and SH4
Modded Crate V18 2x12 w/ Weber Speakers
Squier Deluxe 5-string Active J-Bass
Acoustic B100 15" Bass Combo Amp
Gray VS Jekyll & Hyde
Vox V847A Wah