Hey guys.

I really just need a Squier or Fender starter strat that I can take to my college dorm next year. I want something relatively cheap (under $300) so that I don't have to worry that much about having it get messed up or stolen or something like that.

I was thinking about these:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Bullet-Strat-with-Tremolo?sku=517304
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-SE-Special-Strat-with-Squier-SP10-Amp-Value-Pack?sku=513287&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=60351366

I'm not really sure what the difference between Bullet, Affinity, Special, Fat, and all that is. Any suggestions? Also if it has a maple neck rather than a rosewood, that would be great.

Thanks
I'd get the David Gilmour signature model. They're wicked strats.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Neither IMO. Buy used and save a ton. Do you have an amp? The amp that comes with that pack will be less than satisfactory. You should be able to find a MIM for around $300 used.
Last edited by cranium2001 at Jun 19, 2010,

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Where can I buy used? Any like official stores or anything or do I have to search around on ebay?
Thanks.
Quote by Sinister Waffle
I can't help but fail to see what exactly makes those guitars worth the money.

Hmm, have a closer look then. Maybe, just maybe, actually go in a pick one up, and PLAY the Gilmour Signature model. THEN, and only then, can you decide if it's worth the money. And my God, IMHO it damn well is. I don't have the money though...

Quote by ExplodingLunch
Where can I buy used? Any like official stores or anything or do I have to search around on ebay?
Thanks.

Even if you look at the GC used store you can find good MIMs for 300 or less. I think theyre used online is really underrated. You can find used Gibby Studios for 500, you just gotta pay like 35 for shipping. If my search didnt work just go to the search part on that and type in fender strat: guitars: and 200-300 dollars.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!