Ok i need help deciding what amp i should get. I'm thinking about getting the Ibanez tbx150r 2X12 combo and running a seymour duncan twin tube mayhem pedal through it or just getting a peavey 6505 1X12 combo. I have also considered getting bugera amps such as the 333xl and 6262 combos but i'm wondering what you guys would suggest. If there is any other amps you recommend just tell me and i'll look into them.

I mainly play metal with influences such as Metallica, Trivium, Bullet For My Valentine, and Children of Bodom if anyone needs to know with a budget up to $600 roughly. Thanks ahead of time.
My equipment:
Jackson JS30RR FR (w/ SD AHB-1 in bridge)
Peavey Ultra 112
Digitech RP350
Dunlop KH95 Crybaby
Ibanez XPT700
ISP Decimator
Trivium and Bullet both use 6505s, but since Metallica also plays clean in a lot of their songs, I'd get one of the Bugeras so you can get the best of both worlds. (However, of the Bugeras you mentioned, I've only played the 6262, so I can't really speak for the 333xl).
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Last edited by rocknrolldude43 at Jun 19, 2010,
my buddys got a 333xl nd i like it more than my other friends 6262 for higher gain
Ibanez rg770
Washburn x50proq
Ibanez rg7621
peavey 6505 plus combo
Boss Ge 7
vox satchurator
Cae mc404 wah
The 5150/6505 is great for the distortion you're looking for, but the cleans aren't great.

The alternative (which is actually fairly cheap) is a Bugera 6262 or 6202. They're both good for distortion and have good cleans, plus the head only costs as much as a 6505 combo.
Gear:
Guitars: ESP/LTD EC-400, Ibanez GRX20, Washburn D-10 M/TWR
Amp: Peavey Vypyr 75
Pedals: Digitech Whammy, Boss DS-1, Boss CH-1, Sanpera I

YDG!?
I love my bugera, the 6262 is brutal. And even more so if you've got active pickups
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
have you thought about randall? they were used by metallica at some point and are really good. they would yeild you pretty bassy tones, and if you EQ them right, they aren't as stereotypically shrill.

that is an honest recommentaion, however, i do have a RH150G3 for sale though if you are interested, post back in the thread.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
have you thought about randall? they were used by metallica at some point and are really good. they would yeild you pretty bassy tones, and if you EQ them right, they aren't as stereotypically shrill.

that is an honest recommentaion, however, i do have a RH150G3 for sale though if you are interested, post back in the thread.

I have looked at randall's before but i wasn't that impressed with them at all but how much are you looking to sell your RH150G3 for.
My equipment:
Peavey Ultra 112
Digitech RP350
Dunlop KH95 Crybaby
Ibanez XPT700
ISP Decimator
I wouldn't get the 6505 combo, I tried one back to back with a Bugera and didn't like it as much, for high gain and especially for clean.

What I would get would be either the 6262, 6260, or 333XL.. all 3 of those would serve you well for the type of music you want to play.
Quote by Trickle7052
I have looked at randall's before but i wasn't that impressed with them at all but how much are you looking to sell your RH150G3 for.

$300 plus shipping and paypal. most of the randalls you have probably heard are the G2's. IMO the tone got a huge step up with the G3's. also the EQ is verysensitive, and it is easy to EQ them and have them sound like crap. also another thing is that don't think that randalls sound like dimebag's tone. they can do it, but they can also do really deep too. my randall is the bassiest head i own. as long as you watch the trebel and the contour, it will sound very brutal.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
$300 plus shipping and paypal. most of the randalls you have probably heard are the G2's. IMO the tone got a huge step up with the G3's. also the EQ is verysensitive, and it is easy to EQ them and have them sound like crap. also another thing is that don't think that randalls sound like dimebag's tone. they can do it, but they can also do really deep too. my randall is the bassiest head i own. as long as you watch the trebel and the contour, it will sound very brutal.

The randall i didn't like was a G3 combo of some sort and i didn't really like it. BTW I also play pantera stuff so it would be awesome to have something like Dimebag's tone but i think i'm going to look into other amps and try to play them before i buy them sorry.
My equipment:
Peavey Ultra 112
Digitech RP350
Dunlop KH95 Crybaby
Ibanez XPT700
ISP Decimator