I'm playing a song by a band named Interpol called Obstacle 1. The part that I'm confused about goes like this:

E---------
B---------
G---------
D-10--10
A---------
E-8---8--

So as you can see I totally don't play the A string at all. So would I just finger pick this with my pick and my fingers or would i do a string mute with my finger or palm. It doesn't have the X symbol in the tab to signify a mute. Help would be appreciated.
Set-Up
Squire Special Stratocaster
Bullet 150 AMP

*1st Guitar Set-Ups FTW*
^You should give the user that just posted some useful advice.
Use some of your index finger to mute it.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
Play the note on the D string with your pinky. The other part is played normally.

Pluck, and rise, at the same time. [?] It's how I did it when learning to play songs with a lotta portions like that.
If it's supposed to be an octave (which I'm guessing it is), just bar your index finger a bit across the neck and strum like a power chord, when you bar your finger don't do it so much the note rings or so little that you hear a harmonic. If it's not an octave, then I would try just tapping the note on the D string, like a hammer on but without hitting a note on the D string before it.