Does this mean at all that we get a W?
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Even if it was a foul, (the hand holding or the bear hugging), it's a foul that is so common with that kind of free kick (or was it a corner kick?) it shouldn't have stopped it from counting as a goal.
Good... they got robbed, he was awful all game, after the first 15 minutes I turned to my brother and said something along the lines of " This ref is doing a pretty crappy job huh" He was like "You didn't watch the morning game, no one can do worse then that ref"

Well...
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Shouldn't this be in the world cup thread?

They won't change the decision of the game so it's irrelevant anyway.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
It sucks that the US can't appeal the decision or whatever. Not that it's gonna matter, anyway.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Last edited by GoIrish668 at Jun 19, 2010,
As a baseball umpire of 4 years, I know what it's like to screw up calls and take the heat for it. People accept it a lot better when you apologize or at least explain your call. This ref did neither, so IMO he deserves whatever happens to him. But it was his first World Cup game, so one side of me wants to live and let live. The other side of me is a US fan who will never forgive such a transgression.
Quote by JayT44
Shouldn't this be in the world cup thread?

They won't change the decision of the game so it's irrelevant anyway.

this.
all of it.

sure the ref might get a slap on the wrist, but they never ever overturn games.
Quote by iro-bot31
As a baseball umpire of 4 years, I know what it's like to screw up calls and take the heat for it. People accept it a lot better when you apologize or at least explain your call. This ref did neither, so IMO he deserves whatever happens to him. But it was his first World Cup game, so one side of me wants to live and let live. The other side of me is a US fan who will never forgive such a transgression.

I see where you're coming from, but the report said that he had been officiating for 17 years. IMO, he was ready to officiate a World Cup game, and even if he wasn't that's no excuse for making a bad call.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
That was such bullshit. I 100% guarantee that the ref was given a bribe. You simply DON'T screw up that call.
Luck
Our Savior

Quote by burnboy85
where do snails get their shells, anyway?
Quote by crazy8rgood
They make them while they grow. They secrete the substance, I believe.
Quote by Gunpowder
THAT IS SO NEAT

tee hee i changed the shit out of my color scheme
Quote by Synyster915
That was such bullshit. I 100% guarantee that the ref was given a bribe. You simply DON'T screw up that call.

Not only did he not call the bear-hugging against Slovenia, but he also made a non-call against the US. That's not just bad reffing.

Quote by theogonia777
Quote by GoodnightHero

sure the ref might get a slap on the wrist, but they never ever overturn games.

Yep. Look at the France-Ireland game a few months ago.

Anyway, World Cup thread.