does anyone know of any acoustic artists who aren't upbeat and poppy i.e jack johnson or jason mraz...like johnson is good, but im just tired of the same upbeat happy music...does anyone know of any artists who are more like calm, nostalgic, sad...like im not saying it needs to be depressing, though it can be but im looking for something other than the artists listed above ^
Fleet Foxes. Very very 'un-upbeat'.. they sometimes use other instruments... but they try to keep their songs as 'empty as possible' I guess.
opeth (a prog/death metal band) did a quiet album that nonmetal fans can dig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IzLDT73bkk
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Nick Drake, Elliott Smith, Alexi Murdoch, Sean McCann, Bill Fay, Jeffy Tweedy.
Andy McKee has a good bit of this.......it is instrumental though
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
check out illusions live by michale graves.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
I'll second the Iron & Wine suggestion. You could give a listen to Christy Moore and Luka Bloom, too. Both of them mix a good bit of softer, thoughtful stuff in their rep.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Last edited by Lurcher at Jun 20, 2010,
Matthew Santos and Andrew White. Pretty much any artist on Candy-rat records.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHellraiser
Go into Guitar Center and tell them you are willing to spend $3000 on as many Spider and MG half stacks as they can give you.
thanks for the suggestions, im going to check them out soon. and ya ive been listening to anthony green for a while, and i really like it.
City and colour. Try his first album 'Sometimes'. Second album was (unfortunately) happier
Quote by zapatista89
you know the music from zelda that plays when you open a chest? that played in my head reading that headline.