Alright... here's a good one for you Ibanez gurus.

I am looking for the "highest quality" (meaning Prestige or whatever) Ibanez that meets the following criteria:

- fixed bridge
- solid body
- light weight (as light as possible)
- humbucker in the neck
- rosewood fingerboard

I think that the closest I can get here is the RG1451

http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG1451

I also saw the FR series ... although I'm really not crazy about the nontraditional look.

Am I missing another option? Don't worry about the price.

If you're curious, I've played a fixed bridge cheapie RG for years now as a jazz guitar (crazy, right?) Quite a few studio musicians use these slab guitars (that are marketed toward the metal/rock crowd) as fine jazz guitars. I've been gigging with mine nonstop since 2003 and it's time for a little upgrade. By the way, I'll probably swap the neck pickup for a Duncan Alnico II Pro -- and if you don't think I'm nuts already, I'll probably run i through my Ibanez Promethean Amp (which doubles as my bass amp).

Let me know -- thanks!
Last edited by donniedark at Jun 20, 2010,
If you're looking for a prestige that has a fixed bridge, I'm pretty sure thats the only one.
Gear:
Fender Classic Series 50's Strat
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
Looks like Harry Potter about to fly an old biplane. A lady killer, but the ladies cannot figure out which state he's from - Indiana, or Pennsylvania?
Owns the under 5'2" hotties.
look for a j custom

/end thread

seriously lol j customs are the best ibanez you can get without being a ibanez artist
hey I just checked the ibanez site, turns out they JUST released another fixed bridge prestige. You might wanna keep an eye out for the RG1421F that marine blue burst is stunning.
Gear:
Fender Classic Series 50's Strat
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
Looks like Harry Potter about to fly an old biplane. A lady killer, but the ladies cannot figure out which state he's from - Indiana, or Pennsylvania?
Owns the under 5'2" hotties.
Jem EAFX, js 1600, rg1451, PGM 401, mtm1.

thats all the prestige strat shaped, light weight, fixed bridge..........yes most of them are sig guitars but beggars can`t be choosers
they've been discontinued for about 2-3 years. You never know there might be one lying in a shop somewhere. There's a 321 and a 121 in a shop in my area. Would get it if I had more cash.
Quote by dmitry_a
they've been discontinued for about 2-3 years. You never know there might be one lying in a shop somewhere. There's a 321 and a 121 in a shop in my area. Would get it if I had more cash.

thats what I posted above^^

its available in zzounds at the moment
This is great guidance, guys.

Thanks! I headed to my local Guitar Center today and (perhaps not surprisingly) none of the fixed bridge models were in stock. I'll probably end up 'going blind' on this one and so I'll need to stick with the two safest bets (based on my web reading):

http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG1421F

or

http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG1451

I think I'm digging the 1451 a bit more (looks wise). Functionally they seem about the same. I may end up needing to swap out the neck for a Duncan Alnico Pro II (which seems to be the PUP of choice for most of the guys around here).

I found out the model that I currently have is an RG321MH. I want to confirm that the neck on these new guitars shouldn't feel 'too' different and also that the weight should be the same (or hopefully lighter).

Thanks again!
i thought the pickup of choice around here was a dimebucker. oh wait, thats only in teles
Quote by BobDetroit
It's all about the abalone. You can't play metal without it. Mother of pearl? MOTO? GTFO!
The neck on the RG321 will be a little thicker and fuller than the 1451.
The 1451 is a great guitar, I love the look of the Tight End bridge, but the white finish has a weird texture to it, like the JEMDBK, it looks like that Rhino-Lining stuff you get sprayed into ute trays. The black one is just a typical glossy finish though.
I prefer the 1421F though, HH and the flamed top, but its your guitar not mine
EDIT: Ok, for some reason the white finish isnt available in the US as far as I can see.
i would get the 1421 though,unfortunately the top is veneer so it doesnt add anything to the sound(too bad cause it'll make a sweet combo)

but ,they are 10th anniversary prestiges so they are limited to a 100 and something guitars and to me the maple top looks really beautiful.
@littlephil, yeah the RG321s neck is pretty big and fuller in comparison with other RGs!

But TS, I would buy the 1421F! Except if you have a need for the middle pickup on the 1451!
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Quote by Axeaman
@littlephil, yeah the RG321s neck is pretty big and fuller in comparison with other RGs!

Thanks for this insight. Maybe I need to get my hands on a prestige neck first and make sure it works for me. I actually like a little meat on the neck for my style of playing.

If the neck doesn't work, perhaps I'll just swap out the pickups on the RG321 and stick with a few more years for lack of alternative. Ho hum...