Question for yall.

I've recently gotten into metalcore/hardcore and joined a metalcore band awhile back been playing with 9 gauge strings for the past few years, and now need to upgrade to atleast 11's. I've never had to get my guitar setup because I havnt changed string gauges so I was wondering if it would be safe changing the gauge of my strings without the trussrod being adjusted and having awhole setup done.

Thanks.
i used to play 9s and 10s on my esp until i wanted to try some 11s and i asked my guitar teacher who has like 50 years of electric acoustic guitar knowledge under his belt and he said ill take a look but i doubt ill have to do anything and he didnt have to if i remember right but idk i highly doubt your neck ganna snap the **** off if you put 11s on it tho
haha
if your still kinda if-y about it then put the strings on and if your neck bends a little take it to a shop somewhere
good luck
{[WD Punk]}
If you're putting it in dropped C or something the tension won't change too much you'll be okay, though a MINOR adjustment might have to be made, maybe just your bridge.
I usually play in drop C and B but with 9's on drop B i get aton of fretbuzz which picks up aton on my 6505. I really just dont want to jackup my guitar if I try avoiding getting it setup again.
Quote by jakebreh
I usually play in drop C and B but with 9's on drop B i get aton of fretbuzz which picks up aton on my 6505. I really just dont want to jackup my guitar if I try avoiding getting it setup again.

try 11's

The most you will need to do is a slight tross rodd adjustment and it's very easy to do. As long as you don't overturn it like stupid then you'll be fine.