Well, I am in need of a new distortion pedal. One of fairly good quality too. I was wondering what you guys suggest? My budget is under 100 dollars, but ill give or take. And id prefer it to have minimal feeback (unlike the ones i have, lots of fuzz and etc from them). So what do you guys suggest? Also, i wanna try to stay away from Digitech and Boss
Oh, btw, I play metalcore stuff like August Burns Red, A Day To Remember, Asking Alexandria, that sorta thing, and progressive metal like Protest the Hero
Last edited by Nickster29 at Jun 20, 2010,
i am not familiar with any of those bands, but an OCD imo is a must on almost any pedalboard. they are very versatile.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Oh, well they are like Metalcore type bands. I play metalcore and progressive metal( Protest the Hero). OCD, ok, ill look into it. thanks
metal muff with top boost best thing i have ever bought
i got it for $90 - $100 i love every sound i get with it
search it on youtube to see for your self
i highly recommended it
{[WD Punk]}
The Metal Muff with top boost will work a lot better for you than the OCD.

Also, what amp are you using?
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by WD Punk
metal muff with top boost best thing i have ever bought
i got it for $90 - $100 i love every sound i get with it
search it on youtube to see for your self
i highly recommended it

i like the metal muff, but skip out on the top boost model. it (IMO and for your application) is useless. the top boost is way too shrill.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Get a Barber Dirty Bomb. It's $99 and makes the metal muff sound like a metal zone, if you know what I mean.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
You probably don't wanna hear it but it's true: No pedal will sound very good through your amp.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Dirty Bomb, got it. I know what you mean lol.
And yeah i know, i hate having that amp, but its what i gotta stick with until i get money to buy a better one.
That amp will be fine if you run a pedal on the clean channel without too much EQ'ing going on. SS cleans are transparent enough for a good distortion pedal to sound decent.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
If it's a good SS amp maybe, that Crate isn't though.

But TS, atleast you realise that and you plan to get a better amp when you can afford it .

If it's gonna be a long while before you can get the money for an amp, I'd go with the Metal Muff, pretty cheap, EHX are reliable, and you can tell your friends that your muff is metal.
Quote by FuzzLove
You probably don't wanna hear it but it's true: No pedal will sound very good through your amp.

hate to say it, but it is true. definitly not a semi-boutique pedal like the dirty bomb or the OCD. a big muff would help out a little bit, but a new amp would help you more.

i would put the money to a new amp.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
i would also go for a metal muff. i have one and i use mine for everything from light blues, to jazz, to rock and the heaviest metal you can think of (some bands you've actually mentioned as well).

as for the guy who said the top boost is bad/too shrill sounding, dont listen to that. get that version because of the EQ. you get a tonne more tonal options that way. i rarely touch the top boost, but i agree it can be sensitive. i never turn mine up past 9:00. i use it mostly for those bright sounding intros to songs or for a boost when i need something to really cut through. its a nice feature, but not really necessary to have. but that being said, the EQ is a godsend. its so versatile and touchy since it has active controls, but spend a solid month playing with it and learning how to properly EQ it and what each knob does in conjunction with the rest and you'll be happy. i've used it at over 500 gigs (maybe closer to 800 even. i couldnt tell you) and its never once failed me.
Quote by stradivari310
Get a Barber Dirty Bomb. It's $99 and makes the metal muff sound like a metal zone, if you know what I mean.

+1. One of the only high gain distortions I've been impressed by. Hell of a good price too
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
yea i dont use my top boost alot its like buying a 4x4 truck but not to go off roadin just to know you can ; ]
{[WD Punk]}
pureanalogeffects.com has a pedal called stacked. its based on BSIAB2 (brown sound in a box from some forum site) $109. not bad for a handmade pedal.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
First give me your amp, two of it's three channels are the same as a GX, and all I need is the one that goes RAWRRRRR.

Then look at a Digitech Hardwire TL-2.

Then pass on it and get a Boss HM-2.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
A Keeley or Monte Allums modded DS1 or MT2?

I know you're not entirely keen on Boss... but the mods make the pedal sound significantly different.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.