I just bought an analog delay pedal, and actually it's the first pedal i ever had. It has adjustabl Delay, Feedback and Bend, and a MOD switch. What does the MOD switch does? and how do I get more repetitions that long less time? and what are some good songs with heavy delay use? thanks alot ^_^

Note: My english sucks ._.
What pedal is it? Manufacturer? Model?
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
If it's the MXR Carbon Copy, MOD means modulation effect. Adds a little bit of chorus in the delay.
Gear
Fender Hotrod Deville 2x12
Fender MIM Strat | Epi Dot 335
Fulltone '69 mkii | Boss OD-1
'95 RAT2 | '78 IC Big Muff | DL4
Quote by ZeroChan
If it's the MXR Carbon Copy, MOD means modulation effect. Adds a little bit of chorus in the delay.

Yeah, modulation is where you take a signal and 'mix' with a signal of different frequency. You see this on your radio, with FM - frequency modulation. Anyway, in this delay pedal, I assume what it does is mixes a 'slightly' different frequency version of your guitar into the signal to the amp - more commonly known as a chorus effect.

The extent of the chorus effect can be changed by increasing the size of the frequency discrepancy.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
It's still a modulation effect on that pedal. I'm not particular with that pedal, I have a Digitech DL-8, but I think adding feedback makes it repeat more (or maybe oscillate infinitely when maxed).

Play with it for a while, delay pedals are really fun to experiment with.
Gear
Fender Hotrod Deville 2x12
Fender MIM Strat | Epi Dot 335
Fulltone '69 mkii | Boss OD-1
'95 RAT2 | '78 IC Big Muff | DL4
thanks for the info ^_^

EDIT: Another question, what´s better, a multi-effect amp, a multi-effect pedal or having different pedals combined with a good amp?
Last edited by TheClown at Jun 20, 2010,
Different pedals combined with a good amp is the most common route for good tone.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??