ive decided im going to get a bugera combo as i simply cant afford a new head and cab. now ive found all this shit on ebay with the 6260's and the 6262's and all these people telling me to get either one and im just confused and need ****ing help lol. so whats the difference? they look similar enough, is the 6262 better? does one have more settings?

EDIT: check this shit
6262 - http://www.bugera-amps.com/images/lightboxphotos/6262-212_P0669_Front_XXL.png

6260 - http://www.bugera-amps.com/images/lightboxphotos/6260-212_P0668_Front_XXL.png

im confused which ones better the 6260 has 2 pluggins a high gain and low gain but the 6262 only has one. does this matter? but then the ****ing 6262 has more settings but only one pluggin. wtf help me WHICH ONE IS BETTER?!? EJABAFFJKBGNZ
Last edited by wattsy94 at Jun 20, 2010,
6262 has slightly less gain, but the same usable amount, and better cleans
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Quote by Guitar-KID125
6262 has slightly less gain, but the same usable amount, and better cleans

ah shit i need gain as im in a hardcore band so distortion is more important to me which one do you recommend?
the 6262 has an extra preamp tube, and like one or two more knobs I think.

Don't buy off ebay, shipping will be as much as the amp.
Quote by Tedward
the 6262 has an extra preamp tube, and like one or two more knobs I think.

Don't buy off ebay, shipping will be as much as the amp.

they dont sell them around my area so i HAVVVEE TROOOO. are you saying the 6262 is better to buy? i dont wanna get one then wish i had gotten the other..
trust me, with either of them you'll have more than enough gain. but i would go with the 6262 because the lead and the clean have separate eqs. also try out other amps other than those because you might not like them
Last edited by Garlic Owl at Jun 20, 2010,
Quote by Garlic Owl
trust me, with either of them you'll have more than enough gain. but i would go with the 6262 because the lead and the clean have separate eqs. also try out other amps other than those because you might not like them

ive tried out blackstar and shit but i just dont have the money. is it true that the 6260 has a higher distortion level than the 6262? and even if i dont like the amps distortion setting i guess i can always get the clean off it and buy a boss pedal or some shit.
Quote by wattsy94
ive tried out blackstar and shit but i just dont have the money. is it true that the 6260 has a higher distortion level than the 6262? and even if i dont like the amps distortion setting i guess i can always get the clean off it and buy a boss pedal or some shit.

honestly to my ears they have the same amount of gain. but that would be just a waste to just use a pedal instead of the distortion channel of an amp that's known for its distortion channel. try out more amps because you don't wanna buy it and then find out that you don't like. try to find a peavey 6505 112 if you can find it. but why not save up your money?
Last edited by Garlic Owl at Jun 20, 2010,
Quote by Garlic Owl
honestly to my ears they have the same amount of gain. but that would be just a waste to just use a pedal instead of the distortion channel of an amp that's known for its distortion channel. try out more amps because you don't wanna buy it and then find out that you don't like. try to find a peavey 6505 112 if you can find it.

kk ill have a browse now. but what do you exactly mean by not like it? i cant try it out cause they don't stock bugera's at any of the music stores around here to my knowledge. what would there be to not like about the amp? just the general output sound?
Quote by Garlic Owl
but why not save up your money?

i gotta get a new amp hell soon. our band cant practice for shit atm cause of equipment and its pissing us off. and we may be gigging quite soon.
Quote by wattsy94
what would there be to not like about the amp? just the general output sound?

Blimey.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by wattsy94
ah shit i need gain as im in a hardcore band so distortion is more important to me which one do you recommend?

Bro if you look closely at my post it said that that 6260 had more gain than the 6262 but they both have the same usuable amount They both have the same limit as to when the distortion turns to mud.
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Quote by Guitar-KID125
Bro if you look closely at my post it said that that 6260 had more gain than the 6262 but they both have the same usuable amount They both have the same limit as to when the distortion turns to mud.

kk mad thanks. might as well get a 6260 then.
Quote by wattsy94
kk mad thanks. might as well get a 6260 then.

that makes no sense:|
they both have the same amount of useable gain so basically the extra gain the 6260 has is not useable because its too muddy so go with the 6262 because you have the separate EQs for clean and distortion which is reallly important
peavey 6505 1x12 combo still seems like a better option though
He just heard the word gain so he's going for the 6260.

The 6262 has more gain then you will need. If you put the gain to 10, you WILL sound like sh1t.

I would get the 6262 because it has sperate EQ's for lead and clean. It's got more gain than you'll ever need.

And if you look up the specs on the 6260, it's got 5 12AX7's. The 6262 has SIX 12AX7's, so I really don't know where the whole "6260 has more gain" thing came from. The 6262 has more
pre-amp stages.

Anyway, "better" is subjective, they both are great amps. I would get the 6262 (and I did, as you can see by my sig that I own one)
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
I suggest you replace the speakers in the Bugera. The stock ones are pretty fizzy to my ears. Would be much better to replace them with some nice V30s

Listen to what people are telling you TS. Just because the 6260 has moar GAINZZZZ doesn't mean it's any better. To be fair the bugera 6262 has plenty of distortion to give you that brutalz tone or whatever that you're after.

Just don't crank the distortion up to 10 when you get the amp. It will sound like hobo farting through a funnel.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
TS you sound like a 6 year old that just learnt to spell and found out about swearing.

But im getting a 6262 head and replacing the stock tubes. Your gonna be happy with either amp though
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by wattsy94
kk ill have a browse now. but what do you exactly mean by not like it? i cant try it out cause they don't stock bugera's at any of the music stores around here to my knowledge. what would there be to not like about the amp? just the general output sound?

yeah, the general tone of it. everyone likes different sounds. but generally you shouldn't buy an amp you can't try out. btw, if your band can't "practice for shit" why rush into gigging? you don't have to rush into gigging if you're not ready. as for the amp, just wait until you save enough money to find what you really want. you'll be a lot more satisfied in the long run.
Last edited by Garlic Owl at Jun 21, 2010,