Well yeah, here's my new song. It took me a while to finish, just because I've been lazy

Without further ado
IAWTBPOAI

C4C btw
Wow man, I've never heard anything like this. Daaaammmn, this is good. Very original, very good. I love the tone and the electronic stuff was pretty nice. Very great playing. The drums just need to be mixed better. Other than that it's a shining piece

mind critiquing mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1328091
Thanks man for critiquing mine.

Let me just as a note that I think I need to make the track louder and turn down the cymbals.
Yeah definitely turn up that guitar, it's a pretty nice tone. Too much reverb overall. I felt like the drums got repetitive and the solo came in too abruptly. The synth stuff was sick though so nice work on that. It's also a great composition. Keep it up.
great work man, i love the guitar and the synths are nice as well, but as said before, the mix needs some work
the rest is all very good though, great job!
Thanks for the crit on my song, I just listened to your track. The first thing I need to say is wow, what a journey. The song feels like a story. The feel from the song changes completely from start to finish. The end sounds like a horror flick. The opening intro riff is pretty sweet. I didn't really care for the synth part right after the intro. Maybe its because the guitar completely cut out. Perhaps try to blend the two and it won't seem like such a drastic change. You did some really interesting things with the drums, which I'm glad to see. A lot of times it seems when people add drums to their tracks they end up being pretty straight forward and kind of uninteresting. That's not the case here. There was one part where you were pretty china heavy that I thought it ended up being a little distracting. I liked the use of the bass pedal. I would have liked to see some toms thrown in there too for variety. Other than that, I thought it was pretty sweet, good work.
I'm not exactly sure on the guitar tone but the writing is sweet. What was your signal flow while recording guitar? Some of those riffs made my eyes open all wide. Good shiznet dude!
Last edited by gabestigmatic at Jun 21, 2010,
Quote by gabestigmatic
I'm not exactly sure on the guitar tone but the writing is sweet. What was your signal flow while recording guitar? Some of those riffs made my eyes open all wide. Good shiznet dude!

I go DI into my Line 6 Pod Studio UX2, then go through Pod Farm 2 but set it as a dry input. I then record into Reaper, and load up Pod Farm 2 as a VST and set the tone with that.