Page 1 of 3
I have been smoking Turkish Royals almost exclusively as a smoker for some time now. I want to find a lighter cigarette to move to and ease back on my smoking, but i have never found a light cigarette i liked. Any way pit what do you smoke and what do ya think i might like.

marb lights suck.
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Squire Stratocaster
1972 Ovation Pacemaker
Yamaha C40
Taylor Big Baby
Rocktron Banshee Talk Box
Electro Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez PM7 Phase Modulator
Dunlop 535Q Wah Pedal
I'll never understand what provokes people to smoke in the first place. I grew up around incredibly heavy smokers, got asthma from second hand smoke, and the ones who are still alive continue to smoke, some more than ever.
It's ridiculous.
Why.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
I'll never understand what provokes people to smoke in the first place. I grew up around incredibly heavy smokers, got asthma from second hand smoke, and the ones who are still alive continue to smoke, some more than ever.
It's ridiculous.
Why.

idiots. thats why. some just don't have the common sense to not do it
Quote by olix95
idiots. thats why. some just don't have the common sense to not do it

Or some people just like the way it makes them feel....
Smokers aren't idiots, they know full well what those things do to you.
light cigarettes wont help you quit. take my advice...ive been smoking for 15 years. your best bet is to quit, cold turkey baby.
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Or some people just like the way it makes them feel....
Smokers aren't idiots, they know full well what those things do to you.

That's not true about all smokers. Some aren't so aware, and most that are, don't care.
We'll see if you care when you've got lung cancer, man. I've dealt with that about 4 times now, with people I'm related to/care about. And in most cases, death occurs. Yeah.

Sure, just because you smoke doesn't mean you're an idiot, but you also don't have that common sense of "Hey, this is very harmful to my body, and I'm becoming addicted to nicotine, oh well! Light up another one!"

/Sounding like a douchebag
If you really want to keep smoking, at least stop doing it during the day. Do it at the end of the day to relax as a kind of reward. That way you smoke way less and still get to smoke the ones you like. Meh, I don't smoke, what do I know.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
Quote by olix95
well, just don't smoke. really. just stop.

He says he trying to ease back.

I'm assuming that means he trying to quit eventually?
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by TheAbsentOne
That's not true about all smokers. Some aren't so aware, and most that are, don't care.
We'll see if you care when you've got lung cancer, man. I've dealt with that about 4 times now, with people I'm related to/care about. And in most cases, death occurs. Yeah.

Sure, just because you smoke doesn't mean you're an idiot, but you also don't have that common sense of "Hey, this is very harmful to my body, and I'm becoming addicted to nicotine, oh well! Light up another one!"

yeah, basically what i meant. what you typed is too much for my lazy ass to type.
You are out of the smoking zone therefore thou shalt be flamed!

ahem....SMOKING IS BAD!!! IT CAUSES CANCER AND CANCER SUCKS! IT COULD LEAD TO A SLOW AGONIZING DEATH WHICH IS VERY METAL BUT ALSO SUCKS!! THE HEALTH RISKS ARE PRACTICALLY ENDLESS!!

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A SAFE CIGARETTE! THEY WILL ALL KILL YOU! THEY ARE KINDA LIKE THE TERMINATOR BUT A MILLION TIMES MORE EFFECTIVE!

IT IS ALSO A FAIRLY EXPENSIVE HABIT OVERTIME! (seriously just add up all the money you spend on cigs)

but you know all of this stuff already...but its still a good idea to quit try to take it one day at a time and if you thin lighter cigarettes will help go for it. (quitting altogether is the smart thing to do however)
Last edited by Zayrank at Jun 20, 2010,
Quote by Julz127
He says he trying to ease back.

I'm assuming that means he trying to quit eventually?

should not have started.

also, your avatar makes me for some reason
Quote by TheAbsentOne

If someone smokes and isn't aware that they are killing themselves, then yes, they are stupid.

However, it annoys me when people act like everyone who smokes is some retarded suicidal lunatic.

Alcohol and cholesterol kill, also. Some people just place what makes them feel good over what makes them live long.
Quote by Zayrank
You are out of the smoking zone therefore thou shalt be flamed!

ahem....SMOKING IS BAD!!! IT CAUSES CANCER AND CANCER SUCKS! IT COULD LEAD TO A SLOW AGONIZING DEATH WHICH IS VERY METAL BUT ALSO SUCKS!! THE HEALTH RISKS ARE PRACTICALLY ENDLESS!!

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A SAFE CIGARETTE! THEY WILL ALL KILL YOU! THEY ARE KINDA LIKE THE TERMINATOR BUT A MILLION TIMES MORE EFFECTIVE!

IT IS ALSO A FAIRLY EXPENSIVE HABIT OVERTIME! (seriously just add up all the money you spend on cigs)

but you know all of this stuff already...but its still a good idea to quit try to take it one day at a time and if you thin lighter cigarettes will help go for it. (quitting altogether is the smart thing to do however)

^ this guys on a roll. right on sir. or ma'am. i don't know, most likely sir though
lites usually taste kinda damp and watered down, besides a few nicer brands like Belmonts or Bensons & Hedges.

thread just reminded me that I have zero smokes
Quote by SeveralSpecies
If someone smokes and isn't aware that they are killing themselves, then yes, they are stupid.

However, it annoys me when people act like everyone who smokes is some retarded suicidal lunatic.

Alcohol and cholesterol kill, also. Some people just place what makes them feel good over what makes them live long.

That's very true. I personally like the feeling of being healthy. Therefore I don't smoke or do any other drugs. I don't drink a lot (never to the point of being drunk). And I eat right (pretty difficult to do coming from a black southern family that loves soul food) and I exercise.
Quote by olix95
yeah, basically what i meant. what you typed is too much for my lazy ass to type.

When it comes to smoking/drinking/drugs I have too much to say, eventually I say the wrong thing which pisses someone off, so I'm going to stop posting in this thread now.

I'm completely against all forms of smoking, whether it be cigarettes or drugs, and I'm against people who drink just to get drunk, specifically people my age (the 14-20 age group, UNDERAGE drinking) who drink just because it's "Cool" to do.

F**k every last one of those people, I can't stand anything about that. I had an alcoholic mother, who was (And still is) an extremely heavy smoker, who also does many different types of drugs (Thank you, mother's "Friends").. I have a incredibly heavy smoker for a father, he's become a bad person because of it..

Too many people who used to be my friends became either smokers or drinkers, and it changes you, it changes who you are as a human being, you don't act the same anymore.. You become someone else. And that's the point where I say "F**k you, get the hell out of my life".

/Rant.
God damnit.
Quote by Zayrank
That's very true. I personally like the feeling of being healthy. Therefore I don't smoke or do any other drugs. I don't drink a lot (never to the point of being drunk). And I eat right (pretty difficult to do coming from a black southern family that loves soul food) and I exercise.

Well if you care a lot about your health, than yea you're not going to do harmful substances.

I choose to drink.....a ****ing LOT lol......and smoke every now and then. I don't feel like I'm harming myself in the long run, so I'm ok with it. Also, I love all foods too much to restrict my choices

...I don't have much willpower hehehehe
Forums are stupid. This thread is proof. Answer the guy's question or move on. If you don't smoke, why would you reply at all?

I have never heard that light cigarettes allow you to ease back on your smoking. The only difference is you won't buzz as hard the first couple cigarettes. They're just less potent. If you're wanting to ease back but still feel like there's a point to smoking, keep smoking your Turkish Royals. Just ease back on your number of cigs per day.
Quote by avengingender
Forums are stupid. This thread is proof. Answer the guy's question or move on. If you don't smoke, why would you reply at all?

I have never heard that light cigarettes allow you to ease back on your smoking. The only difference is you won't buzz as hard the first couple cigarettes. They're just less potent. If you're wanting to ease back but still feel like there's a point to smoking, keep smoking your Turkish Royals. Just ease back on your number of cigs per day.

One thing I find helpful is to just smoke half of it, than throw it out.

...wasteful, but it helps. At least for me :/
Quote by avengingender

Well you're always entitled to leave your opinion, which a lot of people here have done. You're either on one side of it, or the other. Very fine line.

Okay, really need to get out of here. I'm going to get worked up
Quote by TheAbsentOne
When it comes to smoking/drinking/drugs I have too much to say, eventually I say the wrong thing which pisses someone off, so I'm going to stop posting in this thread now.

I'm completely against all forms of smoking, whether it be cigarettes or drugs, and I'm against people who drink just to get drunk, specifically people my age (the 14-20 age group, UNDERAGE drinking) who drink just because it's "Cool" to do.

F**k every last one of those people, I can't stand anything about that. I had an alcoholic mother, who was (And still is) an extremely heavy smoker, who also does many different types of drugs (Thank you, mother's "Friends").. I have a incredibly heavy smoker for a father, he's become a bad person because of it..

Too many people who used to be my friends became either smokers or drinkers, and it changes you, it changes who you are as a human being, you don't act the same anymore.. You become someone else. And that's the point where I say "F**k you, get the hell out of my life".

/Rant.
God damnit.

you are so right. i love you, in a heterosexual way...
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Well you're always entitled to leave your opinion, which a lot of people here have done. You're either on one side of it, or the other. Very fine line.

Okay, really need to get out of here. I'm going to get worked up

Well it isn't a smokers vs non smokers thread...so anyone who doesn't smoke really has no reason to post.

I just went with it to keep up some form of conversation, but he has a point.
Quote by olix95
you are so right. i love you, in a heterosexual way...

If you don't mind, I think I'm going to sig that because it makes me laugh
Quote by TheAbsentOne
If you don't mind, I think I'm going to sig that because it makes me laugh

thank you. i am honored.
Why doesn't it surprise me that this became a thread about how much people hate smoking...
I'm not a smoker, never smoked a cigarette in my entire life because I have astma. I used to ask my friends to sit away from me when they were smoking but now it doesn't bother me anymore, if second hand smoking did anything for me then it was making me more resistant against it. I have a reason to hate smokers and I don't. I respect people who smoke as well as people who are very much against it because it's just such a small and unimportant part of a person. If you don't like smoking then don't go near smokers but please, don't shove your opinions down everyone's throat because that's more annoying to me than smokers.
I'M A COWBOY
Quote by loaded_
If you don't like smoking then don't go near smokers but please, don't shove your opinions down everyone's throat because that's more annoying to me than smokers.

Agreed.
Meh what's the point your just kidding yourself if you think the light ones are so much better,might as well smoke the normal ones and enjoy them.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by loaded_
Why doesn't it surprise me that this became a thread about how much people hate smoking...
I'm not a smoker, never smoked a cigarette in my entire life because I have astma. I used to ask my friends to sit away from me when they were smoking but now it doesn't bother me anymore, if second hand smoking did anything for me then it was making me more resistant against it. I have a reason to hate smokers and I don't. I respect people who smoke as well as people who are very much against it because it's just such a small and unimportant part of a person. If you don't like smoking then don't go near smokers but please, don't shove your opinions down everyone's throat because that's more annoying to me than smokers.

i was about o be an asshole and get defensive, but i lightened up when i saw your sig. well played. it was not the whole rant on hating haters that won, but your sig. i'm done with this thread.
Being a pharmacologist in study and occasional cannabis user, I just want to let you know that any form of cigarette, light or not, won't help you ease out of smoking.

My father has been smoking lights for years, and he just got a stent in his coronary artery. Just as much nicotine and radioactive chemicals (radium, decays into lead and polonium) is found in lights. They say low tar, but the tar isn't what builds up in your lungs.

If you want to try smoking "healthier" in some sense, I suggest getting some American Spirit Oranges or Yellows, or Winston Lights.

Remember that no-additives doesn't always mean healthier. Cheers.
*A list of all my gear*

Varg/J Mascis/GG Allin are all the same person.

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Death by diamonds and pearls.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
It's ridiculous.
Why.

You obviously have absolutely no idea just how addictive smoking can be, it's a serious chemical dependance! It's possible to become addicted for many, many years after lighting up just once; and there are many reasons why people might start smoking in the first place; stress, peer-pressure, boredom, depression, being intoxicated etc.

and people who say giving up is a cheaper option also don't realise that the vast majority of stop smoking aids like patches and gum cost more than a 20 pack of regular smokes. I've managed to cut down a lot on my smoking, I'll smoke about one a week now in the evenings after a meal or something, but this kind of "I'm a non-smoker so I know what's right for everyone" annoys me to no end.
Quote by Echohead
You obviously have absolutely no idea just how addictive smoking can be, it's a serious chemical dependance! It's possible to become addicted for many, many years after lighting up just once; and there are many reasons why people might start smoking in the first place; stress, peer-pressure, boredom, depression, being intoxicated etc.

and people who say giving up is a cheaper option also don't realise that the vast majority of stop smoking aids like patches and gum cost more than a 20 pack of regular smokes. I've managed to cut down a lot on my smoking, I'll smoke about one a week now in the evenings after a meal or something, but this kind of "I'm a non-smoker so I know what's right for everyone" annoys me to no end.

I forgot to mention this too, that the gum/patch method is not what I would recommend. I never got THAT into smoking, so I'm assuming going cold turkey is ****ing hard as hell for an avid smoker. Don't ask me for advice on how to quit, basically hehehe. Quitting for me is easier due to the fact that the most I ever smoked was about half a pack a day, tops.
Quote by Echohead

well, i have experimented. i smoked several cigarettes, and never have any later craving for more, and tried again and again, just to see what it was all about. the addictiveness isn't that hardcore.
Quote by olix95
well, i have experimented. i smoked several cigarettes, and never have any later craving for more, and tried again and again, just to see what it was all about. the addictiveness isn't that hardcore.

...uhhhh.

Yea, it is. Experimenting wont get you addicted that easily. Some people don't get cravings as early as others, but I guarantee if you smoked regularly, than stopped, you would know what he's talking about.
i only smoke lights now. allegedly harder to quit than regular cigarettes. whatever. i appreciate the mildness.

L&M lights for the win.
#DTWD
Quote by SeveralSpecies
I forgot to mention this too, that the gum/patch method is not what I would recommend. I never got THAT into smoking, so I'm assuming going cold turkey is ****ing hard as hell for an avid smoker. Don't ask me for advice on how to quit, basically hehehe. Quitting for me is easier due to the fact that the most I ever smoked was about half a pack a day, tops.

The patches are particularly effective to be honest, I didn't think they would be at first but when you're wearing one of those, you actually physically don't want to smoke anymore and don't even really think about it at all, and after a couple of weeks, you find you don't actually need to wear the patches anymore.

Whereas with the so called "e-cigarettes" you're pretty much still always thinking about smoking because technically, you're still smoking, it's just not toxic anymore.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
...uhhhh.

Yea, it is. Experimenting wont get you addicted that easily. Some people don't get cravings as early as others, but I guarantee if you smoked regularly, than stopped, you would know what he's talking about.

thats part of my point though. why would people continue to keep smoking, even if they aren't hooked, to the point to where they are hooked? if people complain that they were stressed or depressed and thats why they started, and continued until they were hooked, i refer to them as "pussies, who cant deal with life".
Quote by primusfan
i only smoke lights now. allegedly harder to quit than regular cigarettes. whatever. i appreciate the mildness.

L&M lights for the win.

I've never gotten into lights, it's weird. Even starting out, I ended up smoking reds pretty early (****ing gross things) but now I prefer 27's. I just like the blend.
Page 1 of 3