Hey guys

So i recently got a new guitar that came with this great old hard case. Now, I don't know how old it is, or what model (if any), and I was wondering if any of you guys did. It's a great old case, and I would like to know just how old.

The tag on the inside of the case reads:
DATT CASES Ltd.
Vancouver B.C.
MADE IN CANADA

The tag is the only identifying feature of the case. The locks, hinges and handle attachments all show some signs of corrosion buildup. The inside is standard black soft cushioning. Hopefully one of you Canadians (or anyone, I don't mind) knows something!

Here are some pics:

Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Kris Datt made cases in Canada for years, but I heard he got out of the business. I don't know if this information is still good, but you can try it:

DATT Cases Ltd
9060 River Road
Richmond, BC
V6X 1Y7
Canada
Phone (604) 276-8328.
dattcases@telus.net
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Well, I have tried to edit it a bit so the features of the interior are a bit more obvious, but the photos I took didn't seem to come up very well... anyway, here's a full shot of the interior.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

I'm not ultra familiar with Datt, but I doubt you'll be able to come by another one of those. You could try the contact details posted, but it looks like they aren't around anymore. What makes it such a great case that you want it identified anyways, just curious?
Quote by getmad24_7
I'm not ultra familiar with Datt, but I doubt you'll be able to come by another one of those. You could try the contact details posted, but it looks like they aren't around anymore. What makes it such a great case that you want it identified anyways, just curious?

It's not an especially great case, it's just an old case (or at least I think it is). I don't want another one. I don't want another one. Yeah, I am just curious about it and I think it would be cool to say, 'yeah this case is from 1972' or whatever it is.

I've sent an email to that address, so I guess we wait and see.