hey guys. couldn't find a relevant thread to post this in, so i had to make a new one. sorry if there is one that i missed...
anyway, i've been singing alot latlely and singing my heart out. i've never sang before and just started trying to learn like last week.
I swear i can feel the muscles in my throat getting tighter, stronger maybe. should i give my voice a break, or keep going and keep letting it get stronger? i can really feel it getting stronger and stronger every time i finish a song, but i don't wanna cause any voice problems. please give your best advice.
thanks.
“If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it.”
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16
Well damn. You caught me. I'm horribly gay.

RIP Rev
dont sing your heart out to excess. youll strain your vocal chords.
and theres a singing forum somewhere around here.
Singing/Vocals Forum

You'll probably get much better advice there, most pitmonkeys probably have crackly adolescent voices anyway.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Last edited by rgrockr at Jun 20, 2010,
If experiencing any pain: Let your voice take a rest.

If not:

1. Write songs
2. Make women fall in love with your voice
3. Spend money on drugs and alcohol
3. Overdose on heroin
4. Try to come back with a raspy, liquor-worn voicebox.
*A list of all my gear*

Varg/J Mascis/GG Allin are all the same person.

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Death by diamonds and pearls.
Quote by rgrockr
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83

You'll probably get much better advice there, most pitmonkeys probably have crackly adolescent voices anyway.

thanks for the link bro.
“If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it.”
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16
Well damn. You caught me. I'm horribly gay.

RIP Rev
Start doing brutal death metal growls till your throat gets quite sore. After that no clean vocals can hurt you. You could even do opera.
Quote by ConeShred
If experiencing any pain: Let your voice take a rest.

If not:

1. Write songs
2. Make women fall in love with your voice
3. Spend money on drugs and alcohol
3. Overdose on heroin
4. Try to come back with a raspy, liquor-worn voicebox.

There are two 3s...

Btw - you forgot.

5.???
6.PROFIT!

HELLO!

Quote by ilikepirates
You're meant to sing with your diaphragm.. not your throat

Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
Are you sure it's getting stronger? The way I understand it, the throat is for turning air from the diaphragm into an actual note, you shouldn't be pushing from it or feeling much sensation in it at all. Your chest and stomach should feel stronger, and your head and face should be vibrating, the throat should just be relaxed.

EDIT: If it's getting tighter, you're probably straining. That's not a matter of giving it a rest, that means you should find a different technique to do entirely.

http://belcanto.myseriestv.com/showList.php

There's a bunch of videos you should watch the shit out of. They've just helped my attempt at singing hugely.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Jun 20, 2010,
Idk man, I've been using my throat for singing for a long time now, and my voice doesn't stop developing (it gets sore sometimes but thats nothing) for the better. It depends on the style of singing you practice.