I'm selling my marshall and bugera because I need a macbook for school.
I will be replacing them with a TUBE 112 or 212 combo.
My budget is 500-700eu MAX!
Used or new is all the same.
I will be playing blues, rock and some wolfmother/black sabbath/bigelf dirty hardrock.
If I need more gain I've got some good OD's laying around.
I've looked at the new blackstar combos, the orange tiny terror combo, I found a used rocker 30 combo for 600eu.

What would you guys suggest?
Cheers
Blackstar 40-watt HT 1x12 combo.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Blackstar HT20 Studio?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Blackstar HT20 Studio?

Well, I've looked into this one to. Will I still be able to gig with this amp or should I better go with the 40w. I'm not playing guitar in a gigging band at the moment but this can always change.
And is this a full tube amp or not?

Cheers
Yes its full tube. But I'm Lying. Or not.
HT 40 is a great amp.
Last edited by Milotic at Jun 20, 2010,
New:
Laney VC30 - Nice all around, versatile. "The poor man's Vox", or so they say, but with seperate clean/drive channels. Can get pretty agressive when boosted.
Peavey Classic 30 - Much like the Laney, but more agressive.
Laney Lionheart L5 - 5w combo. Not loud and costs 600€ new, but some of the best cleans and drive tones you'll get under 1000€. Very dark and smooth sounding for a British amp.
Hughes & Kettner Edition Tube - 20w of tube. Versatile, loud, nice cleans. The drive is a bit grainy, but will cover everything from blues to '80s rock and metal.

Used:

Hughes & Kettner Statesman (Quad or Dual EL84) - Great allrounder. Fendery cleans, classic British drive.
Orange Rocker 30 - Great drive, cleans aren't as good as the H&K. Not very versatile, but the tone it does is indeed nice.
Fender Princeton Reissue - if you don't mind using pedals for drive (since you said you had a couple good ODs), this might be worth it. No drive channel, but fantastic cleans (and drive if you crank it).
Engl Screamer - allrounder, does everything from jazz to metal, but does not really excell at anything. It's great, but I have a feeling you won't need the versatility.
Engl Thunder - Cool for everything up to classic rock, not as much of a gain-monster as other Engls. The version without reverb is only 739€ new at thomann. Reverb will cost you 100€ more new.
Laney GH50/GH100 + Framus 2x12" - The heads can be found between 300€ and 400€, the cab can be bought for 200€ used. One channel (VH100 is the two-channel version), classic British rock tone, reacts well to the guitar's volume pot (so if you know how to work it, one channel is enough).
Why would anyone ever need a Macbook for school?

A laptop yes, but specifically a Mac? What kind of school would require pupils to use the most overpriced brand on the market?

I suppose it could be worse, they could have told you to buy a Sony Vaio...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Why would anyone ever need a Macbook for school?

A laptop yes, but specifically a Mac? What kind of school would require pupils to use the most overpriced brand on the market?

I suppose it could be worse, they could have told you to buy a Sony Vaio...

it's a programmer and artschool where everything runs with macprogramms. you can also buy other pc's with the macprogramms and other apps on it, but it easier this way. I will also buy it used so, not that big of a money waste.
Evil Apple!

TO be honest I'd jump on the used Orange Rocker if you can, it's a decent price and well-suited to the stuff you play.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Evil Apple!

TO be honest I'd jump on the used Orange Rocker if you can, it's a decent price and well-suited to the stuff you play.

Well, I've decided to just sell my big cabs and my head and buy me a used framus 212. But I can't decide in between an orange rocker 30 head or a vox AC50 head.
What would you guys do? I hear they're both capable to give me nice (dark) cleans and also get dirty.
Quote by henis
Well, I've looked into this one to. Will I still be able to gig with this amp or should I better go with the 40w. I'm not playing guitar in a gigging band at the moment but this can always change.
And is this a full tube amp or not?

Cheers

Hmmm depends on the size, internal structure of the venue, as well as the audience numbers and how much your drummer hates his skins.

I've set up gigs for a capacity of 40 people with the 20 watt Krank Rev Jr before... so I don't see why not.

Yes its fully tube.

Quote by henis
Well, I've decided to just sell my big cabs and my head and buy me a used framus 212. But I can't decide in between an orange rocker 30 head or a vox AC50 head.
What would you guys do? I hear they're both capable to give me nice (dark) cleans and also get dirty.

Depends on what you really want, the Orange sound is very different from the Vox sound.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jun 20, 2010,
Quote by ragingkitty
Hmmm depends on the size, internal structure of the venue, as well as the audience numbers and how much your drummer hates his skins.

I've set up gigs for a capacity of 40 people with the 20 watt Krank Rev Jr before... so I don't see why not.

Yes its fully tube.

Depends on what you really want, the Orange sound is very different from the Vox sound.

different in what way?
I've heard the orange is darker and has more grit and a fuller distortion. But how about the cleans? And which one is better for the newer rock I refered to in the beginning of the thread?
the vox ac50/100 (can't remember which i tried, but i think they're the same except for double/half the power) i tried was rubbish. i'd avoid that one. it sounded terrible.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Definitely the Blackstar.
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.