why is there some times when my amp rocks, and then there some times when it sucks?
well i don't know.i just do a bit of anything and i want to be better at everything!
4 real.
is it possible?
it really happens to me!
well i don't know.i just do a bit of anything and i want to be better at everything!
its the rock ghosts in your amp just kidding
hmm that happened to me before too but it was just cause something got loose on my guitar so i guess it wasnt the amp
Whoever said the telecasters were only made for country deserves a banjo slapping.
Rick_Diculous wrote:

A band's greatness is measured on Rock Band sales
Depends, what type of amp is it? If its a 15 watt one you get with Fender models, its crap as soon as distortion is used. Otherwise, if its not your playing thats making the sounds, it might be a wiring problem, or your distortion/volume settings could need tweaking.
When you have a headcold you dont hear frequencies the same?
What's your amp?
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Air pressure, humidity, etc can have an impact on the sound of the amp. It may not be noticeable (spelling?), but to a trained ear it can thoroughly mess up the sound.

Otherwise, check your settings if you have the habit of sitting against the front panel with your legs when it's not in use. My amp is under my desk, so I sit against the front panel with my legs and somehow put the Clean channel a lot louder all the time.

The third option is a wiring problem. In that case, I hope you're good with a soldering iron.

If you don't think any of these are the cause, you should probably stop blaming the amp.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Last edited by PsiGuy60 at Jun 20, 2010,
yes i have a 10w laney.
sometimes it sounds really deep and good, but then there is times when it sounds just raw and ugly.
I get thank sometimes. Depends on my mood mainly. And what room I might be in, etc.
Carvin V3 - Matamp 4x12 - VHT Valvulator - Maxon OD808 - Visual Volume Pedal

EH Cathedral - Ibanez DE7
Things like temperature, barometric pressure, humidity, etc. can affect your tone because they interfere with the way the amp's components work.

Also, the room your in, your amp's placement in the room, your location in comparison to your amp, etc will all make your amp sound different.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Things like temperature, barometric pressure, humidity, etc. can affect your tone because they interfere with the way the amp's components work.

Also, the room your in, your amp's placement in the room, your location in comparison to your amp, etc will all make your amp sound different.

Bah science schmiche...

its just the ghost in the amp.

Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Why is it that sometimes threadstarters will precisely describe what the problem is so we can make useful suggestions, while other times they won't?
Oh, I also forgot to mention volume!!

Volume plays a huge role in your tone. Different frequencies are more prominent at different volumes - every time you change the volume you will have to re-EQ in order to get the same tone.
Quote by TheQuailman
Why is it that sometimes threadstarters will precisely describe what the problem is so we can make useful suggestions, while other times they won't?

I guess it also depends on temperature, pressure and all that Jack
Maybe it's just the forum ghost too
and my past post about ghosts in my amp, seriously their might be ghosts in my instruments i could hear someone humming when im playing really emotion filled songs, or its just that feeling of high if your playing something really cool
Whoever said the telecasters were only made for country deserves a banjo slapping.
Rick_Diculous wrote:

A band's greatness is measured on Rock Band sales
The time of the day is worth considering too. When its noon-to-evening, there are alot of different gear switched on around your segment of the power line. Things like computers, all digital electrionics etc draw power from the outlet with small "needles" instead of an ordinary continious draw. Al that makes your power lines be a huge antennae broadcasting high frequency noise.
If the power input of the amp is not thoroughly filtered, that unaudible noises can make your sound bad.

Try plugginig in as late at night as possible then try it at noon.

Cheers. Ace.
Last edited by Ace Carson at Jun 21, 2010,
I think this is mostly my mood... Sometimes none of my gear sounds like I think it should, but those are usually the days that just about everything seems to be failing me...
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
I think this is mostly my mood... Sometimes none of my gear sounds like I think it should, but those are usually the days that just about everything seems to be failing me...

Same here, I hate my amp when I'm down or really tired for some reason.
Same happens with all gear, might be the weather, your mood, could be anything.
I was actually talking to someone about this yesterday, happens to all people.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

SuperLol'd
Quote by Ace Carson
The time of the day is worth considering too. When its noon-to-evening, there are alot of different gear switched on around your segment of the power line.

This makes larger impact on your tone than most people realise.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.