Now this is not another "how do I make modal music" this is simply how do I transcribe it?

Lets say I am writing up a piece in GuitarPro, and the piece is in G Mixolydian (with a G drone note etc).

Would I put the key signiture as C Major or G Major?
I know the piece is in niether key, but what would make the notation correct?

I hope that makes sense.
putting the signature as one sharp would make it G major. to make it G mixolydian, you'd have to naturalize every F. why do extra work to naturalize them when you don't even have to sharpen them?

i say go with C major.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
in all honesty, you could put seven flats if you wanted and then apply the necessary accidentals to make it G mixolydian (i.e. naturalize every note except for intended accidentals).

for the sake of it being easier to read by a performer, leave the key signature empty and add in sharps and/or flats where they're necessary.

but yeah, generally speaking, the convention is to put the key signature of the relative major/minor keys. just because a piece has a key signature of one sharp doesn't necessary mean that it's in G major or E minor. it might be one of the two 995 times out of 1,000, but still.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Quote by Puppet_616
Now this is not another "how do I make modal music" this is simply how do I transcribe it?

Lets say I am writing up a piece in GuitarPro, and the piece is in G Mixolydian (with a G drone note etc).

Would I put the key signiture as C Major or G Major?
I know the piece is in niether key, but what would make the notation correct?

I hope that makes sense.

G mixo key signature = no sharps or flats.

in general use the key signature of the related parent scale.
shred is gaudy music