I was just walking back to my house from town and I had Crazy Train stuck in my head. Then came another riff that I just made up in my head. I really liked it so I thought "I'm gunna go home and work it out". Bear in mind, this is my first ever riff I've actually made like that, like hearing it in my head and then working it out, I don't often do that.
I play it around 120bpm. The D note on the A string is palm muted and you staccato the D and the C on the G string.

Here it is:

e|-----------------------------------------------------------------------
B|----------------------------------------------------------------------
G|-------------7-------5----------------2-----------------2-----------
D|------------------------------5---0--------5---3---5-------3---0---
A|----5---5-------5-------5--------------------------------------------
E|------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote by leg end
I was just walking back to my house from town and I had Crazy Train stuck in my head. Then came another riff that I just made up in my head. I really liked it so I thought "I'm gunna go home and work it out". Bear in mind, this is my first ever riff I've actually made like that, like hearing it in my head and then working it out, I don't often do that.
I play it around 120bpm. The D note on the A string is palm muted and you staccato the D and the C on the G string.

Here it is:

e|-----------------------------------------------------------------------
B|----------------------------------------------------------------------
G|-------------7-------5----------------2-----------------2-----------
D|------------------------------5---0--------5---3---5-------3---0---
A|----5---5-------5-------5--------------------------------------------
E|------------------------------------------------------------------------

WTH man, why don't you put up a Guitar Pro version of it, this way we are not forced to pick up a guitar, set a metronome play it. That is completely unecessary.
These kind of threads are appearing more often, have you guys never hear of Powertab, Guitar Pro, tabbing programs like that?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by Ometh
WTH man, why don't you put up a Guitar Pro version of it, this way we are not forced to pick up a guitar, set a metronome play it. That is completely unecessary.
These kind of threads are appearing more often, have you guys never hear of Powertab, Guitar Pro, tabbing programs like that?

You don't have to set a metronome... 120bmp is two beats a second. If you can't do that then you need to practise some more. Stop being so damn lazy.
Quote by leg end
You don't have to set a metronome... 120bmp is two beats a second. If you can't do that then you need to practise some more. Stop being so damn lazy.

Whatever man I was just trying to help you. You won't get many critiques withouth a GP file. And yes I am a lazy sob, I LOVE NOT DOING SHIT.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
I hate it because i can't hear it.
My songs are all located here .
Feel free to drop by and crit a song.
Leave a link and I'll return a crit

Colossus
Only being able to play music from Guitar Pro - fail. If you cbf playing it when he wrote out instructions you don't deserve to hear it.
Quote by Kozlic
Music doesnt need to be quality to be good.

Press eject, give me the tape, if you know what's good for you
Why would i want to play it? I am okay with listening to music and giving a critique, i'm not gonna get my guitar, plug it in, turn it on, and play his riff though.

Colossus
Well basically I agree with everyone here, having to get your guitar in order to listen to a riff sucks.

I just happened to have my acoustic right here so I played it. Nice, but not that special. Not much I can say about it
I think you guys should stop being douches, if you cbf playing it then why bother posting at all?

It's a pretty cool riff, i like the first half more than the second half though. I'm sure it would sound really cool with drums and all that.
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Quote by NovemberRain273
It's a pretty cool riff, i like the first half more than the second half though. I'm sure it would sound really cool with drums and all that.

It could do, but i guess we'll never know.

Colossus
Quote by frankibo
It could do, but i guess we'll never know.

Touche.
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

I put it through my loopstation with some chords behind it and it's cool. I like it. I wrote it on acoustic and prominently use my acoustic. I forgot most people here use electric. Oh well, for those of you who actually played it thanks. Bear in mind it's my first proper riff that I wrote
It might be easier if you changes all of the 5s into opens one string up and the 7 into a 3 on the 2nd string