I currently have an Ibanez S5470 Prestige in Transparent Black Sunburst, however I'm not much of a shredder and I am more into funk, do you think I should trade it for a fender telecaster or do you think that I would regret doing that further down the line? PLEASE RESPOND I NEED HELP!
Thanks, Jake
In my opinion, money-wise youre on the losing end, or you would be.
Also is it a MIA tele or?
You'd want to be getting a nice one, like a Deluxe or Vintage... Personally, I'd stick with the Ibanez. It's a sweet guitar.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
is it an MIA tele?
the tele would be better for funk but i think u should sell ur ibanez, not trade it. u'd earn a bit of cash i think. then get a strat. strats are awesome for funk, better than teles.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
I'd swap it for the tele. fenders will never let you down! but still ibanez guitars are great too :P I'm just saying what I would of done.
If it plays and sounds good, then it works. personally, i dont like the feel of ibanez necks on the s series, too polished. id get a white/maple tele and psychedelic paint it like clapton's fool sg.
i'd say tele, they never let you down and are timeless. But the Ibanez is nice, just preference, play alot of tele's see if you find "the one"
MIA = Made in America

it's a good trade. if u like the tele, go for it. it nice for funk. if u dont like the tele, u can always sell the tele and get something else.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Coil tap/split(??) bridge and neck and now you have the most versatile guitar ever.

Or... Sell Ibanez, get MIM Tele, get locking tuners and maybe some other upgrades, and use the rest of the money for something else like pedals/new amp...?

Have you considered a G&L ASAT?

I don't know, maybe it'd be good for you to do the trade, but I couldn't justify it. The Ibanez is too decked out and it just seems like a downgrade.