Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone of you have ever heard about this guitar?!
It's from 1993 and a very rare guitar I think...
In a local guitar store I found one of these and every time I walk along this beauty, I beginn to play on it. So I'm thinking about to buy this guitar.. but there's the problem, it costs about 680 euro.

Now I don't know wether a guitar built in 1993 is worth this money or not!

Here's a picture ( nearly the only one in the internet i think )

Ibanez RG570 GFSVS

It's the third one, with the purple body and the golden mechanics.

I hope you can help me!:P
You might want to ask littlephil - he is UG's resident Ibanez expert.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by seemeel
You might want to ask littlephil - he is UG's resident Ibanez expert.

They are pretty rare, and they're good guitars. I think 680 Euro is a bit expensive, but I'm not too sure about prices overseas.
The LoPro is a great trem, and it should still be functioning fine as long as it hasnt been abused. Make sure you check the back of the neck, behind the nut, for any cracks, they're pretty common on older Ibanez necks. If its been re-glued it'll be fine, and if its not cracked it'll be fine too. Cracks at the neck joint are also very common, but they're almost always just finish cracks, and very rarely cause any problems.
It may be that price because of the flamed top, but other than that its basically the exact same guitar as the other 570's, just aesthetically upgraded. Try to look for any scratches or dings, see if you cant talk them down a little.
Last edited by littlephil at Jun 20, 2010,
Last 570 I paid for was 260, and that's with a maple neck.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Ibanez: s470
Jackson: RR Flying V
Charvel: 90's model sunburst
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
Quote by littlephil

They are pretty rare, and they're good guitars. I think 680 Euro is a bit expensive, but I'm not too sure about prices overseas.
The LoPro is a great trem, and it should still be functioning fine as long as it hasnt been abused. Make sure you check the back of the neck, behind the nut, for any cracks, they're pretty common on older Ibanez necks. If its been re-glued it'll be fine, and if its not cracked it'll be fine too. Cracks at the neck joint are also very common, but they're almost always just finish cracks, and very rarely cause any problems.
It may be that price because of the flamed top, but other than that its basically the exact same guitar as the other 570's, just aesthetically upgraded. Try to look for any scratches or dings, see if you cant talk them down a little.

+1

If memory serves, these are not real maple tops, more like the fotoflame Fenders. These RGs are extremely rare, but EUR680 is a bit of a silly price for one nevertheless. Although if it's in an absolutely mint like-new condition, it might be worth the asking price to quite a few people.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
First of all I have to thank you for your fast replies!

And I think I'm going to have a closer look on this guitar and try to bargain the price again.

Thx again for your opinions!