Hey guys, I'll be leaving my shameful first electric, an Ibanez Gio soon for a more serious guitar, a nice lefty MIM Strat in electron blue with rosewood fretboard. The thing is, that I want to do a couple of changes to this guitar so that it looks like this:

I would need to change:
- the tuners
- the pickguard
- the knobs and switch
- the input jack
- add a red-silver-blue lace sensor set

I have a couple of questions about this

1. I can't find a lefty pickguard. I want it to look exactly like the picture, black with the thin white outline, where would be a good place to get it?

2. The tuners, which ones should I choose? I want them to fit the guitar perfectly without drilling holes. I won't be using the whammy bar.

3. Should I change the pots as well? I mostly play Alternative Rock (Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead, White Stripes) and Hard Rock & Grunge (Queens of the stone age, Nirvana, Black Lips)

4. Any other suggestions? Sorry for the long thread, I hope you guys can help me out!
1. http://www.allparts.com/Left-Handed-Black-Stratocaster-Pickguard-p/pg-0552-l33.htm

2. http://www.sperzel.com/

3. No.

4. Get over the white trim on your pickguard, Change the pickups. I vote Seymour Duncan and I'd personally get fretboard stain, and make that brown board dark dark brown (black basically) I think it'd look better with the black hardware.

You can get all the other parts you need from Allparts.
Quote by bemiswins
if someone flames you on the internet for music you like, they fail.

Here's my YouTube if anyone wants to see some of my videos.
Last edited by Benguitar2 at Jun 20, 2010,
Quote by Benguitar2
4. Get over the white trim on your pickguard, Change the pickups. I vote Seymour Duncan and I'd personally get fretboard stain, and make that brown board dark dark brown (black basically) I think it'd look better with the black hardware.

You can get all the other parts you need from Allparts.

I though that the lace sensor configuration would suit well my taste. I think Billy Corgan uses those same pickups with his hardtail strat. What other pickups would you use for that kind of playing? Thanks for the link to the pickguard, I'm also looking for other parts on ebay. The Sperzel tuners look good.

I need more suggestions guys!
Quote by brunorod
I though that the lace sensor configuration would suit well my taste. I think Billy Corgan uses those same pickups with his hardtail strat. What other pickups would you use for that kind of playing? Thanks for the link to the pickguard, I'm also looking for other parts on ebay. The Sperzel tuners look good.

I need more suggestions guys!

Seymour Duncan's Custom Shop can and will make you any pickup you want. But they aren't cheap.
Quote by bemiswins
if someone flames you on the internet for music you like, they fail.

Here's my YouTube if anyone wants to see some of my videos.
Quote by brunorod
for a more serious guitar, a nice lefty MIM Strat

serious, don't make me laugh.

haha nah really, congrats on your upgrade-to-come.

make sure you upgrade it for quality parts, not just to make it look cool. otherwise you will end up with the equivalent of a chinese squier.

are you from UK or US?
Quote by dannyyy
serious, don't make me laugh.

haha nah really, congrats on your upgrade-to-come.

make sure you upgrade it for quality parts, not just to make it look cool. otherwise you will end up with the equivalent of a chinese squier.

are you from UK or US?

It's alright man, I know that a MIM strat might look a bit mediocre for some of the guys that have been playing for a long time but it's not like I can afford a $2000 guitar, I wouldn't take advantage of it anyways, I've only been playing for about 9 months.
I believe that the best way to get a more "personal" guitar is to get good looking parts without leaving quality aside. That's why I'm asking you guys about the parts I want to replace. Thanks for the tip anyways! I'm from Spain by the way.