Long story short, I want a new guitar. Why? Because I've had my Epiphone Les Paul for 3 years, and I'm bored. I don't necessarily want to buy an expensive guitar, I just want something new, and my guitar breaks every 6 months, I dislike the sound. Since my band won't be playing any concert venues any time soon, please don't suggest that I get a new amp, because I don't want a new amp. I'm willing to go up to around 800$. I play pop-punk/metalcore. Some of my influences are: A Day to Remember, Four Year Strong, Fall Out Boy, Set Your Goals, Veara, All Time Low etc.

I don't want:
A Metal guitar
A Schecter
An Ibanez
No weird shapes.
No Strats.
For the Style of music you say you like, I say A Telecaster Deluxe. It's not too expensive and it's perfect for pop-punk, punk etc.
Quote by offthewall91
For the Style of music you say you like, I say A Telecaster Deluxe. It's not too expensive and it's perfect for pop-punk, punk etc.

I was actually thinking about a Tele. I tune often to Drop D, and a few of our songs have breakdowns, I'm not sure if it could take that, but I've always wanted one.

I should also mention I'm more of a songwriting player, not a technical player.
Gibson Les Paul Junior. Blam
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
I say go for the Tele deluxe. I absolutely love mine. I play in drop D a lot and it handles it very well. I paid over $1000 for mine but it's gotten a price drop since then and I think it is in the $700 range now.
Quote by The3818919
Gibson Les Paul Junior. Blam

Interesting choice. I'm going to Steve's soon, I'll def. check out a Junior.
Jackson DK2MT (if that model is still around)
Used Jim Root Tele?
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
PRS SE Paul Allender Electric Guitar
Fender Classic Jaguar Special HH
Fender Classic Player Telecaster Deluxe Black Dove
Fender American Special Telecaster Electric Guitar
Fender Classic Player Telecaster Deluxe With Tremolo Electric

I think they're all around $800
Jags aren't as popular as teles or strats (at least i dont think they are please back me up on this) but i prefer them over strats and teles
I <3 Jags
Last edited by MM14 at Jun 20, 2010,
Check out a Gibson SG. If a regular one is too expensive, go for the faded. If my memory is correct, the dude from Fall Out Boy uses one. And SG's are badass
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Quote by simpleben09
Check out a Gibson SG. If a regular one is too expensive, go for the faded. If my memory is correct, the dude from Fall Out Boy uses one. And SG's are badass

Not so sure on that. I don't like Fallout Boy, but I know Patrick uses a Gretsch STUMP-O-MATIC Custom Corvette with racing stripes.

I'd say Gibson SG though. Those are some pretty flexible guitars.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Not so sure on that. I don't like Fallout Boy, but I know Patrick uses a Gretsch STUMP-O-MATIC Custom Corvette with racing stripes.

He used to use SG's before he changed to the Gretsch. The SG he played though had 3 humbuckers.
Well, all I know is that the fat dude that sings was using a Gibson SG when I saw their videotaped cover of Beat It
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

Quote by simpleben09
Well, all I know is that the fat dude that sings was using a Gibson SG when I saw their videotaped cover of Beat It

I threw up in my mouth after reading this.

Its not your fault.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I threw up in my mouth after reading this.

Its not your fault.

Was it the fall out boy covering "Beat It" part?
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father

FYS + SYG = SG's, or Les Paul styles.

Gibson, ESP/LTD? Your call. Go into a store and try out any guitar that catches your eye.
Carvin V3 - Matamp 4x12 - VHT Valvulator - Maxon OD808 - Visual Volume Pedal

EH Cathedral - Ibanez DE7
Quote by RentACar
I was actually thinking about a Tele. I tune often to Drop D, and a few of our songs have breakdowns, I'm not sure if it could take that, but I've always wanted one.

I should also mention I'm more of a songwriting player, not a technical player.

With a little work, tele deluxes are great and can handle drop d stuff just fine. I have one and love it but you need to get rid of some of the stock parts for it to shine. Off the shelf the neck humbucker is so muddy it's almost unusable. Changing to the stock 250k to 500k pots helped a ton though. The intonation was way off too when I bought it and the playability was nothing to write home about. Spent about $80 total for the pot change and a pro setup and now it's great. Although I'm still not completely happy with the stock pickups and will be changing them too when I have cash to spare.
Quote by simpleben09
Was it the fall out boy covering "Beat It" part?

Yes. That's an untouchable song.

All the more reason to never leave the "I Hate Fallout Boy Group"
Too bad a tele with a p90 in the bridge doesn't exists... (does it?) That would be the perfect choice for you.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
Too bad a tele with a p90 in the bridge doesn't exists... (does it?) That would be the perfect choice for you.

Fender calls them low-noise single coils. The only thing I can find thats a Fender with P90's is a Jag.

Man, I'd almost say Schecter Solo-6 Special. That'd practically be perfect... don't see why you can't have a Schecter.
You could always buy a cheap guitar, strip it down and put all new parts on it. New pickups, bridge, etc... Hell, you could even do that to your current guitar.
Gear:
American Strat (Modded with Kinman Pickups and more )
PRS Paul Allender (Don't like Cradle of Filth though )
Line 6 Spider Valve 212 (Broken )
Blackstar HT-5 Combo Amp

DR.ZOIDBERG!!!!! (Very inspirational)
Dont forget Tokai:

http://www.tokai-guitars.co.uk/

Amazing guitars...
Guitars
Ibanez RG350MYE
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Tanglewood Evo Exotic TSF CE XFM

Amps
Vox Night Train w/ V112NT
Vox Valvetronix VT30

GAS List
MIA Strat
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-7
Diezel VH4

"Negative, I am a meat popsicle"
Just buy a Gibson Les Paul and be done with it. To everyone that suggests cheap crap. Guitars are no different then most other things you can buy. The thrill of low price is soon displaced by the disappointment of piss poor performance.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Since you already have one guitar with humbuckers, you should get something with single coils for a totally different sound, especially since you said you just want something different. A Fender Telecaster sounds like a perfect match for you
Oh oh oh! I remember Gibson made an SG with P-90's in it pretty recently. Check it out!
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father

So I just came back from my round of Montreal's fine music instrument dealers.

I think I'm going to go with an SG. Pretty much every band I wrote plays, or has played an SG before. Now is just to find one that won't kill me financially.
try a gibson sg special or classic. i know for a fact that there are p90 teles. i'm too lazy to post a link, but just search on gutiarcenter.com and you'll find a couple. also, try the gretsch corvette. it's the one that sump's guitar is based off of.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Honestly, I'd recomend the Yamaha RGX-A2 (or something like that). It sounds much better than it costs (a big plus), looks cool with LEDs, and probably sounds good for your pop/punk music.