Hey guys,

i wasn't sure where to post this so sorry, i'm having trouble with my guitar, i played earlier today and all was well, i then had a short break, came back and no sound was produced. i tried unplugging and re-plugging my amp, trying differant cables, removing my wah pedal ( i only have the 1 pedal) and yet all i get is buzzing from my amp because i have the volume so loud trying to hear it. could it be the cable jack? i'm stuck, any suggestions of what i could do would be much appreciate it and thank you for reading.
it's okay, volume is full, i don't think it's the cable because i tried two and neither worked, the amp is still getting power aswell because the lights are flashing and i can hear it when the volume is turned way up, sorry i didn't mention these things before.
could be a loose jack socket on the amp?
Guitars
Fender USA Strat
Tele c/w Bare Knucks
Amps
Dr Z Remedy
Orange Dual Terror
Epiphone VJ
Orange 1X12 Cab
Pedals
Loads!!
is there any way for me to check if it's the output jack other than getting another guitar because i only got the one
Quote by darkwolf291
check the fuses, if those are fine, then take it to a tech unless someone here has any other ideas.
EDIT: If you have a friend who plays guitar, ask to borrow his and use that to check it

sorry for my noobieness, how do i check the fuses, and thanks i have several and that's a good idea.
Plug your cable into the amp, do you find when you touch the other end of the cable at the tip it produces a humming noise?

If so that would rule out problems with the amp.

If its your guitar, more than likely its a wire has come lose from the input jack. Open it up, its an easy fix with a £3 soldering iron.

^If the fuses were blown the amp would not turn on at all full stop. So dont listen to that guy.
Last edited by beckyjc at Jun 20, 2010,
Quote by beckyjc
Plug your cable into the amp, do you find when you touch the other end of the cable at the tip it produces a humming noise?

If so that would rule out problems with the amp.

If its your guitar, more than likely its a wire has come lose from the input jack. Open it up, its an easy fix with a £3 soldering iron.

^If the fuses were blown the amp would not turn on at all full stop. So dont listen to that guy.

yeah i think it's the input jack on the guitar, i think i'll ask my dad to fix it as he's an electrician and a guitarist. thx everyone for the help.