I'm in the mood for finding some great local talents on youtube or where ever, to inspire me.

I thought it could be a cool idea if we share local "gems"with each other.
Especially when you're from a remote place, I am interested to hear who is ruling the local circuit with their axe-wielding qualities.

I'll kick off: my personal favorite and (in my humble opinion) Hollands best blues player, Julian Sas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVb7rdF5aWQ&feature=related

Let's hear it!!

edit: this is about people who have NOT yet made it. So no use calling out names like dimebag or gary moore. We're looking for unknown talent that roams the local circuits.
*stupid 09'er*

this space is for rent. PM me for rates
Last edited by xl999 at Jun 20, 2010,
Dimebag
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
The closest to my town that I can think of is Dan Auerbach from the Black Keys.

EDIT: Oh, you mean local, unheard of talent... Yeah, we don't have any of those. My town sucks.
my friends dad sat beside Paul Gilbert in school!
Guitar Rig:
Fender Telecaster
Martin GPCPA5
Orange Rockerverb 50

Bass Rig:
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz V
Hartke HA3500
George harrison is the closest I can think of
Gear
Epiphone Sg special <---meh

Peavey Vypyr 30 <---awesome

Hello
There are two bands from around me that are pretty certain to make it. One played Glasto last year and the other is this year.
The Fayre
Where's Strutter?

For a town of 10000 people we've got a pretty good local music scene.
hello
Last edited by opc100 at Jun 20, 2010,
In my Town, I am the Guitar Hero since I'm not the only kid that sits a guitar center playing speed metal on full stacks.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Kingdoms

Brett Hutton is pretty good. He's not from my town, but they're from around here.
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
I don't think they're still together, but the guitarist from Base Defiler was giving me lessons for a while. He was pretty good. I actually shot a couple videos of them practicing and posted them on YouTube but I can't link atm as I'm at work and it's blocked I'll edit later with links unless someone else wants to look them up?
Alex Lifeson
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
David bowie grew up where i live, and he went to the same school my brother is currently attending..
http://www.youtube.com/user/charliegray12212

check out my youtube channel for guitar covers.

Quote by Radman_Paiza
I saw it with my dudefriend. But I'm totally not gay, because I have a girlfriend. She's imaginary, but atleast I have one.
and local unknown talent? none. this town is full of the chavs. But a very good unknown band is "Destination: destroy yourself" there album is on itunes and they are on youtube. check them out.
http://www.youtube.com/user/charliegray12212

check out my youtube channel for guitar covers.

Quote by Radman_Paiza
I saw it with my dudefriend. But I'm totally not gay, because I have a girlfriend. She's imaginary, but atleast I have one.
John Petrucci. He grew up 10 mins from my house. =)
Quote by darkstar2466
Don't fret man.
Quote by lockwolf
In my Town, I am the Guitar Hero since I'm not the only kid that sits a guitar center playing speed metal on full stacks.

*Looks at sig*

I'm pretty sure that makes you the "guitar-laughing-stock"
Quote by PluckU
OH **** YOU says the computer, YOU MAY ONLY HAVE 1, READ IT, ONE AUDIO TRACK >:O I then i got pissed off and through my tuner against a wall
Tony Iommi, The guys from Judas Priest.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
In my country you should listen to Carlos Paredes, he plays a Portuguese Guitar... it's a tradicional guitar only played and made in Portugal. It has 12 strings and it sounds great.
Carlos Paredes was great at it.
He is dead now.... but look it up on Youtube... you should find something.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
Well I don't know any, but everyone keeps talking about how much a guitar god this guy is from my area :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBRnFyg_8fQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_44qnFH6jA&feature=related

Everyone keeps saying he's The Shit. Well technically maybe he is pretty darn good but when I listened to his solo's I tought wtf is this shit. Just guitar wankery. I don't know mby its just me.

Found another video where I actually like the beggining, but then it again turns into guitar wankery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB5RFA8t7DM&feature=related

My teacher on the other hand is pretty darn good and when he solo's, well he also wanks the guitar but atleast its ussualy wanking with a meaning, a melody.
Last edited by Shinami at Jun 23, 2010,
I'm from Stockholm so that would be Yngwie Malmsteen. But I don't know if that counts because most people I know don't know him and I don't think he even plays in Sweden at all.
Trigger The Bloodshed. Other that that my town is strangely full of grown up adult people who listen to Justin Bieber
My guitar teacher at my school is probably the best person I know in person, also my school had this professional flamenco player Ben Abrahamson in for a semester to do a play with us, he was spectacular and also in close vicinity.
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door