Okay, so I play in an Alt Rock band and would love that SVT style over drive. My question is this:

Sans Amp VT Bass or Sans Amp Bass Driver?

Which is better?

Also for general rock play how good is the Bass Driver in general use, is it worth a buy if I could find it for around £100 used?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Jun 20, 2010,
I've never owned a bass driver, so I might be wrong with this, but I have used one before, and I found that it was a lot better for recording purposes than live playing. Then again, I've not used one in a band setting, so I don't know.
Quote by ChemicalFire
Okay, so I play in an Alt Rock band and would love that SVT style over drive. My question is this:

Sans Amp VT Bass or Sans Amp Bass Driver?

Which is better?

Also for general rock play how good is the Bass Driver in general use, is it worth a buy if I could find it for around £100 used?

Both are very good but the VT bass is designed to emulate the Ampeg SVT overdriven tone so I would reccomend that one. Get onto youtube and listen to some reiviews.
I've got the Bass Driver and it's pretty sweet. I know it's got a setting for the SVT sound, but it's really up to you. The Bass Driver might be more versatile, but I've never used the VT.
I know it's really more of a pre-amp and DI than anything, how does using it in front of a stack affect it? I mean I'd be running it through my Warwick Profet 3.2 most of the time.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Yeah basically. Just a little worried about the whole pre-amp is a box thing.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Well I've found a B Stock Driver for £90. Which is almost half the price of a new one. The VT is £130, so which should I go for?

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Go with VT. Both will get you the drive you're looking for but he VT is specifically deigned for it. It's hands down the best driver you can get with out going broke. \m/
I am tempted just to say screw it and by the VT, though the £92 Driver just seems like a really good deal.

Quote by DisarmGoliath