Hello guys, i need some advice...

Best heavy music guitar for 1200$

Obligatory
  • 6 string
  • 24 frets
  • Floyd Rouse

Thanks
ESP/LTD EC-1000FR or the MH-1000FR. I tried them both. the floyds, as were told to me, were OFR's and they did seem to hold their own against some badass dimebag inspired whammy action, and stay in relatively great tune.

Both of these models have EMG 81/60??? active pickups in them.
Last edited by charles_ebarb at Jun 20, 2010,
Any high-end Jackson, Ibby, or ESP / LTD Deluxe should do. But I wouldn't spend that much on a guitar just by other people's opinions. Everyone's hands and ears are different. Go to Guitar Center or Sam Ash or something and play everything on the wall.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by RockRoadie27
What kind of amp will you be using?
What kind of pickups do you want?

Marshall MG Series amp's with Boss Metal Zone pedal
Quote by JagerSlushy
Any high-end Jackson, Ibby, or ESP / LTD Deluxe should do. But I wouldn't spend that much on a guitar just by other people's opinions. Everyone's hands and ears are different. Go to Guitar Center or Sam Ash or something and play everything on the wall.

Yea, I agree! and even if you don't find what you are looking for, you can still say that you got to play a shitload of guitars!
Quote by Skygen

If your current guitar is ok I highly recommend upgrading the amp first.
hmmm. the Mg series with a Boss metal zone. That's a tough one. I use the metal zone, myself, aswell. And I use both active and passive pickups, and I really would lean towards you getting a guitar with passive pickups, because they just sound more "organic" with that pedal/ amp combination.

About the MG series amps.... Alot of guys see it a a budget Marshall....well it is.... and it is not that great. but does get the job done....in a horrible way.

I'd say sell that thing and look on ebay for something in 500 dollar range, like say a Carvin X100b halfstack(Steve Vai swears by these things) Or even a Marshall VS100 or 8010 halfstack. these are some really great hidden gems for their price range
Quote by Skygen

MG what?I am guessing a 15w or a 30w..whats your current guitar?
Quote by Skygen

Buy a new amp instead. Or, buy a used guitar and amp or a $500ish guitar and a $700 amp. But if I were you, I'd go used.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by charles_ebarb
hmmm. the Mg series with a Boss metal zone. That's a tough one. I use the metal zone, myself, aswell. And I use both active and passive pickups, and I really would lean towards you getting a guitar with passive pickups, because they just sound more "organic" with that pedal/ amp combination.

the metal zone is a crap IMO..has a very treble-y sound..
yea dude, u shouldn't be dropping that much dough unless you already know what to look for (ie. not asking in a thread...)
Are You a PROG-HEAD?
I am.

\m|_ metal _|m/
if you have an MG as your current amp then you need a new amp
Quote by archenemyfan
the metal zone is a crap IMO..has a very treble-y sound..

U are getting the crap trebbly sound, because you are either letting your amp naturally distort, or you are using another distorting type pedal with it. The MT-2 has a dual gain circuit built-in... and requires the chain to be almost absolute clean. It can be mixed with other pedals, but it does require you to pay attention to where you place it in your signal chain.

and to add to this. If you have an amp with less than 100 watts, you should really shy away from the MT-2. As most lesser wattage amps are designed to have less "headroom" to allow the amp to naturally distort at lower volumes, it will cause, when using the MT-2, to sound "trebbly" or more descriptive..."Bees in a can". So I would highly recommend anyone to make sure they have an amp with TONS of headroom!
Quote by charles_ebarb
U are getting the crap trebbly sound, because you are either letting your amp naturally distort, or you are using another distorting type pedal with it. The MT-2 has a dual gain circuit built-in... and requires the chain to be almost absolute clean. It can be mixed with other pedals, but it does require you to pay attention to where you place it in your signal chain.

maybe,I normally have a little amount of natural dist on my amp...but still,I hate it..through my rig it sounds harsh and gritty..maybe cause I dont like high gain
Marshall MG100DFX are in studio... My guitar: Ibanez S2075FW Prestige
Why do you want another guitar? Tunings? You should get a Tremol-no and get a new amp instead.
Quote by archenemyfan
maybe,I normally have a little amount of natural dist on my amp...but still,I hate it..through my rig it sounds harsh and gritty..maybe cause I dont like high gain

Here are my settings for my pedal. and see what you think of these settings.

Volume set at the 10"oclock area

Bass set at the 3 o'clock area

treble set at high noon

midrange set at 9 o clock area and the MID FREQ set at the 12 o clock area.

I usually use the gain setting at the 1-3 o'clock area

This sounds really heavy, but you gotta make sure to use your clean channel, and keep the gain setting on the clean channel....SUPER LOW! while you can use more volume on the amp, but make sure your amp is absolute clean.

see how this works for you and let me know what you think
Think a new/used amp first!
Just upgraded from Engl sovereign 100 to Engl fireball 100 head
It really blows me away X'D
Oh and one more thing. Set your amp with a FULL SWEEP. Bass to 10 mid to 0 and treble, to wherever you feel comfortable. I usually set my treble to make sure I can get Pinch harmonics on all of the low E string frets. Just for added flavor
Buying a new amp instead of a new guitar will make a much more noticeable difference in tone. If it wasn't true, there wouldn't be 10 other replies telling you to get a new amp.
Ok, What to buy AMP?
Last edited by Skygen at Jun 20, 2010,
If you already have an ibanez s2075fw prestige you really shouldn't be looking at another high end guitar unless you want to have them each setup for two different tunings. If you are having issues with getting a good sound from the ibanez I assure you it's not the guitar, it's your amp.
Get a better amp and I promise you it will be a world of difference. You also have a lot of great options if you're willing to take that 1200 and put it into a new amp instead of a guitar. I'm going to suggest looking into a 5150/6505 or XXX combo because they're a lot of bang for your buck and they're like the workhorse metal amps. There's also the respective clones of those amps from Bugera that are a great deal cheaper. Keep in mind if you'd prefer you can also get a nice head/cab for that kind of money if thats something you prefer.
Quote by Skygen
What about Peavey 6505 Plus 112 Combo ?

It's a pretty good amp for heavier metal styles.

The cleans are not so good, IMHO, but definitely useable.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112