Page 1 of 3
Almost folky, yet unmistakably heavy trad doom for you all.

http://www.myspace.com/thebandghost

what do you think?
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
AWESOME. Seriously cool, really mystic vibe, the only problem I had with them is the simplicity of the lyrics, like, those vocals are just awesome, but the lyrics just didn't seem to flow as well as the rest.
Agreed on the awful lyrics! Dont suit at all. But great find man, serious Wishbone Ash meets Candlemass vibe there. That guitar tone is spot on.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I love the vocals on this stuff, but the keys on 'Elizabeth' are near genius.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Bumping to let y'all know their debut (Opus Eponymous) came out yesterday.
...I like metal.
Saw an advert for this in Terrorizer, didnt even know they had an album coming out. Going to acquire this on payday.
I gave this a download yesterday and only just got round to listening to it before, but it was really really good.
I made a purchase for quite a reasonable price on play too.
I agree on the lyrics,but the music is wicked.I really dig the atmosphere theese guys give.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

I'm really digging the album, the atmosphere is spot on.

They're touring with Blood Ceremony next year, cannae wait. That should be a belter, Blood Ceremony are great live.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Holy sh!t a Ghost thread! The tracks I've heard form the full length are most excellent. A very cartoony, Halloween'ish vibe I get. Love the vocals, love the music, gonna pick up the album very soon.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Are these the guys from Repugnant, or a collaboration from a few Swedeath bands? Or have I completely made that up?
Yeah its Mary Goore and a few others I think... apparently some of Watain too.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
I ****ing love this album! I was getting bored and irritated with most new releases, this album has got me out of a musical rut.
this band is SOOO good
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
Mmm, re-listened to it a few days ago, and it's really grown on me. Really nice stuff.
...I like metal.
I've seen heaps of shite thrown on this band outside of UG, but listening to their songs on Myspace, they are indeed damn good! Unfortunate lyrics aside, this is how it's supposed to be done...
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Was impressed on initial listen, but the songs have no real staying power.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Stranglehold

Sadly, I have to agree, the novelty wears off after your first listen
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
Opus Eponymous is a top 5 of 2010 album IMO. One of the few bands I've heard that is actually made heavier through the use of a keyboardist.

I don't really mind the lyrics, but I haven't really looked at them.
Quote by Stranglehold

I'm quite the opposite actually. I think it feels like an album that could be considered a classic in its niche in years to come.

I think its brilliance is in its simplicity. They haven't overcomplicated owt, they just made a good old fashioned catchy record.
I'm with Anni. Class band, I quite liked the debut. Which surprised me.

But it addicted me. The key will be not overlistening it. [and hell, I don't care about the lyrics at all, so. whatever. ]
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Eh, it's fun. I'll give it that, but I wouldn't deem it a classic anytime soon, well, probably never.
Great band, but honestly like others have said, this has no replay value whatsoever.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
lovely
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Fantastic, it's like Mercyful Fate sometimes mixed with early rock. I do think the lyrics fit the songs great. It's all Satan here and Lucifer there, but combined with the music it gives an eerie vibe. Unlike nowadays blackmetal bands where all I hear is agression and not the spookyness that Ghost brings to the table.
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
Ghost should cover the Scooby-Doo theme song
Quote by severed-metal

last.fm
I can't quite put it into words what it is about them, but to me Ghost are just... all but repulsive
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

is that a fancy way of saying you like them?
Quote by severed-metal

last.fm
Quite the contrary. I love Repugnant, but I can't even force myself into liking this new fad-act.
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

My inferior perception of music is diggin' this.

Don't know what's wrong with y'all
Philosophy > Life
Yes, yes it is. Best song on the album, really.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Page 1 of 3