I have recently been looking at a new les paul or sg and i came across Burny Guitars.

Does anyone know what theyre like cause they seem to be great value and look well made?

I already own an Epi LP and an Epi SG and i wanna know if it would be worth going for one of these over my Epi's?

Cheers
Burny guitars are excellent copies of Gibson's Les Paul. The quality and fit and finish are first rate. The specs are a little too close to an actual Les Paul for Gibson's taste: like the high-end Tokai Les Paul copies, the Burny Les Paul copies are illegal in the U.S.A. due to copyright infringement laws.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
bear in mind that, like tokai, there are high-end japanese-made ones, and cheaper, lower-end made in china ones. Make sure you know which exact model you're going for, in other words.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
bear in mind that, like tokai, there are high-end japanese-made ones, and cheaper, lower-end made in china ones. Make sure you know which exact model you're going for, in other words.
I'm not sure when they started making them in China; however, if you can get those from the '80s and early '90s, you can pretty much guarantee they're MIJ. I have the SG '65 RI, very similar neck feel as the Gibson SG '61 and 2 Super Grade LPs. I haven't tried nor seen the MIC variety.

i haven't tried or seen either the MICs or the MIJs. You're probably right, most of those bigger MIJ brands started off as MIJ only, it was only a fair bit later that they started making their cheaper instruments elsewhere. I have no idea either when they started the move to MIC.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?