Hey,

I tried searchbarring for this, couldnt find anything that helped

I'm just looking for a good quality set of headphones for pretty much everything..
Listening to all music, recording/mixing, watching videos, etc.

I want a proper set, the over-head kind that cover all your ears. Has to be comfy too!
Got about a £50 ($75) budget, but can go higher if there is a better deal!

If I didn't ask here, I'd probably just end up going through more crappy inear ones so please do help haha

Thanks in advance guys,
Max
urgh, yeah, I have to get in here before this gets out of hand..
I am definately NOT going to buy any skullcandys hahaha xD
inb4 Bose
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by Bigaxmax
urgh, yeah, I have to get in here before this gets out of hand..

That's what I said to her.

And on topic Bose.

Shattedit: ^ FFFFUUUU
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

dr. dre beats...only $120 roughly

But! They're possibly the most epic headphones I've ever had the privilege of listening to
I don't know if you can have some for 50£, but I'd suggest Sennheiser, very very good headphones..
AKG K 512 are quite good. And they are about 50 €, so around 40 £ i Think
Sennheiser HD-280's

Best damn thing I've ever done to my ears.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Sennheisers. I've got a ''HD 202'', sounds great, costs around 40 euros (around 60 bucks), and i am using it for my keyboard, and for listening music.
If you go Sennheiser, dont get the specific model the poster mentions, get the highest model version you can afford. Every step up increases in quality.

EDIT: I also recommend Grados headphones, but they can be pricey. Don't get Bose, they are overpriced. WAY overpriced. But nice.

Last edited by SaintsofNowhere at Jun 20, 2010,
I know you said that you went getting any skullcandys.... but you should really check out the skullcrushers..

They are amazing, im telling you!
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Hmm, these all seem good to me. But there is always such a massive price gap between different headsets D:

I been looking around, but if someone could suggest good sites or places in which to buy these headphones (baring in mind I'm in the UK) then that would be awesome :P
go to head-fi.org for real advice.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Buy some sony boss in-ear ones, or any other of that type except apples. those white mother****ers aren`t worth the cash, I bought three of those throughout my apple consuming days and only one pair lasted 5 months. Nevertheless, in-ears are the best ones for good sound isolation and shock-proofness. Blah.
Quote by SeriousMan
Nevertheless, in-ears are the best ones for good sound isolation and shock-proofness. Blah.

^You high?

Beats by Dre are mad expensive, but kickass headphones.

I've got a pair of Sennheisers, I forget which model. Paid $60 bucks for them. $60 well spent.
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
Im gonna go out on a limb here and say that the Beats by Dr. Dre, (And lady gag) I dont find so great. They are truly mad expensive and you could really be spending the money for better headphones. Sure, they are semi high quality headphones, but like I said, they are not worth the price when you could buy somthing else for that much money thats alot better.

Those Beats sound like one of those damn caddilacs with 3 15's in the back and stock tweeters that you always see rolling down the street making horrible rattiling noises and huge long distorted bass thumps.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
If I could afford new ones, I would get Beats.

As it is, I have a pair these and I love them. I had them on in an airplane, in the back row where engine noise is worst, and I could not hear the engines.

Etymotic er6i

They were very hard to find, in fact, I found my pair at an Apple store in CA.
"If you can hum it, you can play it!"

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP: LTD M-10
Marshall MD10CD
The Beats were top class headphones when they came out. But they've been pushed down to 4 stars for me when put up against more recent offerings like the B+W P5s (which are F*CKING AWESOME. Not that I own a pair or anything that cost me half price from the B+W rep... >.>

At your price range, Sennheiser HD218 or HD238 overears would do you justice. Admittedly my knowledge is bit more towards the £150+ mark, since that's what I generally stock at my shop. I also tell people that come to the shop that we like to stock hifi when we're asked for Bose.