I need a new amp bad because of my act now think later attitude i bought my last amp without thinking which is the Laney P65, i wouldn't recommend it although its survived a few falls.

The amp must be valve. I would use it for bedroom use and for some small venues. I play blues, classic rock and rock. (I would like the amp to be able to reach metal just for me mucking about )

My Budget is around £350 ($520) for a combo amp and for a head around £250 ($375) i already know which cab i want. (The budget will vary on whether or not i will be able to sell my guitar or not if interested in guitar in question please ask)

I am more than happy to buy preowned

Thank you very much for your suggestions
Vypyr tube 60???

Not a whole lot in that price range that's all valve.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by Gundamnitpete
Vypyr tube 60???

Not a whole lot in that price range that's all valve.

Go for the Valve King if you're going to spend that much on a modeling amp.

If you're ready for tubes, you don't need to use somebody else's tone.
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
If you use pedals for your dirty tones, you could probably find a used fender hot rod combo very easily for that price. I've had mine for 4 years and love it, but the drive channels are shit. You can make them sound sort of ok with a decent EQ but never quite pro. But throw a ts-9, big muff, or whatever tickles your fancy into the fx loop and you've got a pro sound. Beautiful fender cleans, as well as a great built in reverb. Perfect for blues/rock.

Not great bedroom amps though....The 1x12 version (deluxe) would probably be your best bet but it's really more a question of how grouchy your neighbors/roommates are cause it really only goes so soft (without sounding like shit). The 1x12 would definitely be able to hold its own in bars but it comes in 40w 1x12, 60w 2x12, and 60w 4x10.

As far as the metal part, if you're like me and just screw around with a high gain pedal for fun sometimes the fender would get you by. If you want a serious pro metal sound then this is not the amp you want.

They also make blues versions...i think it's supposed to have an overall warmer tone and it also is it has a "fat" switch for a mid boost instead of the "bright" switch on the regular hot rods.
peavey classic 30 or valveking you might wanna upgrade the speakers and put some jj tubes in the vk though
Quote by TheLifeguard
Go for the Valve King if you're going to spend that much on a modeling amp.

If you're ready for tubes, you don't need to use somebody else's tone.

wait a minute i'm sorry u must've misunderstood i dont want a modelling amp, my last amp was a modelling amp now i want to move forward and use my own pedals with a tube amp. I want to find my own tone just for me
Last edited by MM14 at Jun 20, 2010,
Quote by mmmEuthanasia

As far as the metal part, if you're like me and just screw around with a high gain pedal for fun sometimes the fender would get you by. If you want a serious pro metal sound then this is not the amp you want.

Its just for me messing around
Actually screw the bit about bedroom level, no one will mind me turning it up
Quote by MM14
wait a minute i'm sorry u must've misunderstood i dont want a modelling amp, my last amp was a modelling amp now i want to move forward and use my own pedals with a tube amp. I want to find my own tone just for me

He quoted the other guy about the vypyr tube 60..
Quote by MM14

Quote by MM14
Its just for me messing around

Quote by MM14

This all screams "I want to buy a used Hot Rod combo" to me.
ye i've had it in consideration for a very long time if i did get it i would team it up with a MXR Distortion pedal or a TS9
Last edited by MM14 at Jun 20, 2010,
Because i live in the U.K i could buy a combo in the U.S but i wouldnt be able to take it back but i would be able to buy a head and be able to take it back.

Please bare this in mind
Quote by MM14

Marshall Class 5?

Also, I doubt anyone in their right mind would mind you cranking a tube amp. They're extremely loud. Hell, a lot of players who use their rigs for bedroom use always use an attenuator.

Back to the topic though, get a Marshall Class 5. I can't say it'll get you into the metal territory, but it'll definitely pull the other stuff. You can pick em up for $500 new, less used if you look hard enough.
in the UK, a blackstar ht-5 would be in your budget, pretty nice amp for the money if i must say so...