Hi guys, been playing about 8 months now. Mastered barre chords for the most part, but still having trouble playing "B Major" fluently.

What I'd like to ask is, which of these (if any) is the best way to practice it?

1: slowly, repeatedly forming and reforming the pattern
2: slowly forming the pattern and holding it for some length of time
3: alternate between forming the pattern quickly and slowly

the position is quite awkward to form and if I want it to ring clearly i have to take a second or two to form it.
Try using your third finger to bar the D, G and B strings, this is the best way I find to play these "A string major chords".

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Quote by kaneorsomething
JMc -

I'm tried doing so, but i find it less comfortable and also it tends to mute the high E.

Yeah, muting the E is really the downside. I recommend that you try playing your open A chords with your last three fingers so as to get used to making that shape with them.

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
When I learn need chords I do the following.
First I pratice forming the chord by repeatingly forming it and then taking my hand of the guitar.
As soon as I can do that fairly comfortable, I pratice changing back and forth between to the chord and other chords. While I am doing that I try to have fun by playing different struming patterns and so on.
This is what works for me.