i am looking for a reverb pedal (analog only, true bypass preferred) lets keep it under $150, but i would prefer around $120.

i am also looking for a vibrato pedal, not a univibe type thing (i am planning on getting a voodoo labs micro vibe, but thats seperate), and not a pitch vibrato. i would like to keep this around $100. i am not willing to spend more on it due to the limit of its use for me.

used is a go, as always. no boss, no digitech, dod, or anything else like that.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
reverb, well to be honest, digital is quite often better these days. but if you want analog, malekko spring chicken or chicklett. the hermida reverb sounded pretty good in AcousticMirror's thread with clips. those are the main ones on my list right now, at least analog wise in that price range.

what do you mean by a non pitch vibrato? vibrato pedals pretty much do fluctuate the pitch of the note, so im not sure what else you would look for?
I thought you couldn't have analog reverb unless it was spring.

That said, EHX Holy Grail or T-Rex Tonebug Reverb are pretty much the standard for quality reverb pedals

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Quote by lkngro
I thought you couldn't have analog reverb unless it was spring.

That said, EHX Holy Grail or T-Rex Tonebug Reverb are pretty much the standard for quality reverb pedals

i am supprised to hear that the holy grail is the standard. i have listetened to demos of that before, but was turned off by it being digital and lacking true bypass..

would the holy grail suck tone? i guess i am not worried about the bypass, because i would always have it on, as long as it doesn't take away the tubey goodness.

i am only getting a reverb pedal becuase the tweaker doesn''t have reverb.

@jof1029
what digital reverbs are good? why the movement away from analog.

i am really liking the chicklett, as well as the price.

----

any tremolo recommendations?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
I guess I said that the Holy Grail is the standard for QUALITY reverb pedals. I definitely should've said that they are just simply the standard for...standard reverb pedals. Either way, I like it and don't think it's a tone suck.

I definitely second the Malekko Chicklet. I'd get that over the Holy Grail anyday.

As for tremolo, just get like a Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo. It's all you'll ever need in a tremolo, except for a volume control. I don't know if it cuts volume, but if it doesn't then there's no need for it anyway.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
My standard holy grail is true bypass. (The big box one)

Its a solid pedal, good sound, a bit sterile compared to the malekko/higher end stuff. But good for the price. More versatile too. The flerb is a real nice sound,

Edit: Im 99% positive the only pedal based reverbs available are digital. Even the malekko.

Cause analogue reverb requires springs/plates/giant rooms.

The malekko is a spring reverb emulator. Being that is uses DSP to emulate spring reverb.
Last edited by beckyjc at Jun 20, 2010,
Quote by beckyjc
My standard holy grail is true bypass. (The big box one)

Its a solid pedal, good sound, a bit sterile compared to the malekko/higher end stuff. But good for the price. More versatile too. The flerb is a real nice sound,

Edit: Im 99% positive the only pedal based reverbs available are digital. Even the malekko.

Cause analogue reverb requires springs/plates/giant rooms.

The malekko is a spring reverb emulator. Being that is uses DSP to emulate spring reverb.

Finally someone with some sense. Any reverb pedal you get that isn't a spring reverb unit in a box (literally) is going to be digital.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
the hermida i'm pretty sure is digital as well.
an analog spring pedal would really require a spring box.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by trashedlostfdup

@jof1029
what digital reverbs are good? why the movement away from analog.

i am really liking the chicklett, as well as the price.

well, as someone said most reverb pedals are actually digital based. the belton reverb chip is what is in the pedals i mentioned (i think all of them anyway). so they are actually digitally producing the reverb, but most of the control and stuff is analog.

that aside, digital reverbs can be fantastic because they can accurately model rooms and how the sound reacts. reverb is probably the best type of effect that is done digitally. analog isnt always better, people have just been tricked into thinking it is (same with true bypass, but thats another story).

it sounds like you are looking for something to just leave on, something that is basicly replacing the non reverb of an amp. thats what the pedals i mentioned seem best for. digital stuff can get really trippy, can be extra wet, sound really spacey, etc.

as for tremolo, ive always liked the ehx pulsar for a cheaper trem pedal. ive heard the voodoo labs is pretty good, but i havent tried it. you should be able to find it used under $100.

EDIT: or build this for a tremolo: http://fuzzcentral.ssguitar.com/tremulus.php
Quote by jof1029
well, as someone said most reverb pedals are actually digital based. the belton reverb chip is what is in the pedals i mentioned (i think all of them anyway). so they are actually digitally producing the reverb, but most of the control and stuff is analog.

that aside, digital reverbs can be fantastic because they can accurately model rooms and how the sound reacts. reverb is probably the best type of effect that is done digitally. analog isnt always better, people have just been tricked into thinking it is (same with true bypass, but thats another story).

it sounds like you are looking for something to just leave on, something that is basicly replacing the non reverb of an amp. thats what the pedals i mentioned seem best for. digital stuff can get really trippy, can be extra wet, sound really spacey, etc.

as for tremolo, ive always liked the ehx pulsar for a cheaper trem pedal. ive heard the voodoo labs is pretty good, but i havent tried it. you should be able to find it used under $100.

EDIT: or build this for a tremolo: http://fuzzcentral.ssguitar.com/tremulus.php

thanks for all of the info on reverbs. i didn't realize that they were all digital. for some reason, i am not really a fan of the holy grail.

i actually like either the chicklett or the t-rex tone bug. i like the prices a lot too, and IMO they sound better than the holy grail and are a bit cheaper.

as far as tremolos, i havent tried the EHX, but was turned off by the few pedals i have tried. i was not a fan of the small clone chorus, or the small stone. i know i can't judge a company on two pedals, but from what i have played, it left some to be desired.

i will check out the pulsar.

quick question though... can you use a standard pedal power supply with the EHX's, or do you need their adapter. i hate having a million things to plug in... also i have the BBE supa charger if that would help.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
^Depends which ones.

The older big box style ones you need a 1/8" adapter just to stick on the end of your daisy chain, cost about £4, not really a hassle tbh.

The XO and nano line are all standard boss plugs. Besides the nano clone which is reverse polarity so it needs its own adapter.

Not sure about the nano grail though, my grails pretty greedy. Draws about 300mA and comes with its own power supply.

The small clone turned you off to EHX? IMO its the best chorus in the price range.

And the grail is cheaper than the malekko/trex.
@acousticmirror where can I find one of those hermida reverbs? My onboard reverb just isn't cutting it
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i am looking for a reverb pedal (analog only, true bypass preferred) lets keep it under $150, but i would prefer around $120.

i am also looking for a vibrato pedal, not a univibe type thing (i am planning on getting a voodoo labs micro vibe, but thats seperate), and not a pitch vibrato. i would like to keep this around $100. i am not willing to spend more on it due to the limit of its use for me.

used is a go, as always. no boss, no digitech, dod, or anything else like that.

Just got a Hardwire Digitech RV-7 reverb for $49 on Musician's Friend. Lexicon quality, in fact Lexicon has their logo on the pedal. It has 7 modes of any type reverb you could want and they all seem to be really musical. I have had to take another look at the HardWire series, that TL-2 is a monster distortion, they are all on sale right now (ask for price check my catalog was much lower than the website). $49 bucks I could not believe what a deal that was. It's a $170 pedal.

I have little issue with a lot of Digitech pedals. The ones I have in place do their job well. I hate the little Boss stuff myself, I dig the Keeley mods or Analogman mods but those stock buffers, ...terrible. I have a Digitech Whammy I use for harmonizer effects not the typical pedal weeeeoooo stuff, works really well. I also use a Synth Wah for heavy envelope filter funk, a lot of pedals could do that I just happened to have the SW on hand. The Whammy is rather unique if you place it right. I have heard enough of the Hardwire series to get they are a much better quality line.

Oh I forgot, Hermuda Audio (maker of the the Zen Drive) has a low priced single control reverb. I think it's like $99 bucks. Major cool. T-Rex has a little pedal called the Tone Bug it's a cool little reverb. Lovepedal might also have a small reverb mini pedal.

I dig the RV-7 it sounds very good in my loop, most guys wank too much on the reverb it's a great subtle effect just to add that ambience and trail. My rig is too high tech for an old spring thing does not fit within the arena where I am at now. The lexicon models a spring and it is there if one likes that tone I think it's better myself.

Do not pay too much attention to the bad YouTube vids on the RV-7 they really go off the deep end with way too much effect. I dig it myself. I cannot remember having a better more musical reverb pedal. I like the modulated and gated the best but they are all good.

Not sure about trems, I would go Fulltone myself, worth the money. Maybe Hardwire has one I am not sure. I am a vibe guy myself I dig the warble. I get the trem deal it does the movement without the phase shift or warble. Cool pedal actually. Stereo would be amazing (but I cannot afford two amps).
Last edited by ToneMonster at Jul 9, 2010,
Quote by trashedlostfdup
thanks for all of the info on reverbs. i didn't realize that they were all digital. for some reason, i am not really a fan of the holy grail.

i actually like either the chicklett or the t-rex tone bug. i like the prices a lot too, and IMO they sound better than the holy grail and are a bit cheaper.

as far as tremolos, i havent tried the EHX, but was turned off by the few pedals i have tried. i was not a fan of the small clone chorus, or the small stone. i know i can't judge a company on two pedals, but from what i have played, it left some to be desired.

i will check out the pulsar.

quick question though... can you use a standard pedal power supply with the EHX's, or do you need their adapter. i hate having a million things to plug in... also i have the BBE supa charger if that would help.

I love the BBE power supply it's as good as the Voodoo Lab has isolated ports perfect. I have to use some separate warts for special pedals that need 300mA of current draw as the BBE does 100 on 6 and 200mA on 5&6. I just cannot deal with batteries anymore, I tried to move past all that and really the constant never dropping voltage and clean no noise of the power supplies is the way to go! EH is cool stuff the newer designs are much better and by pass wired. Just about all common pedals have current draws less that 100mA so any port will power it with no problems. As I mentioned in some other posts the electrical rules on mA current is that you can often give a box more than it requires as it will just not use it, but you cannot give it less. Damage to the box or supply will result. Check the specs on any pedal for the mA current draw. (also most pedals are neg tip standard wired).

Hope you got my reverb post. Check out Hermida for a one knob no hassel box. I dig the RV-7 really as the other guys said as far as reverb goes DIGITAL rules in that arena. Lexicon is peerless in that dept. I dig a good reverb for my lead tones, very Jeff Beckish cool. Some metal guys hate reverb but it has it's place in a diverse tone rig.
Last edited by ToneMonster at Jul 9, 2010,