I recently bought a Morley Volume Plus volume pedal. One thing that aggravates me is the volume isnt very smooth, meaning when Im using it to fade in or out it goes from being very quiet to extremely loud. Its very hard to get a smooth fade in or out. My guitar has EMGS so i thought maybe it was because the pedal picks up a diffrent frequency range or something like that. Not really sure. Anything I can do to fix this? Or at least an explanation why this is happening?
Well do you try pulling up very slowly?
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Are you using any other pedals?
Gear:
American Strat (Modded with Kinman Pickups and more )
PRS Paul Allender (Don't like Cradle of Filth though )
Line 6 Spider Valve 212 (Broken )
Blackstar HT-5 Combo Amp

DR.ZOIDBERG!!!!! (Very inspirational)
Well yeah that works but its extremely sensitive i mean any slight movement and the volume just jumps way up.its like the first1/2 of the pedal is quiet and the next thing you know your at top volume
i happen to have a morley too and the volume control is awful, it's either on or off. thats just how it is, sorry =/
Try adjusting the pot inside. Maybe it's not set properly?
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
How do i Adjust the pot? And if I were to look into a volume pedal that actually works the way im looking for what would be the best choice?
My dunlop high gain volume works fine.

Prehaps try swapping the pot inside.
250k audio taper is whats in mine and its pretty smooth.

I dunno whats stock in the morleys though.

(Actually i think morleys are electro-optic. Meaning they use LEDs and LDRs to control the volume. So im not sure on how you could use that to adjust the taper/indexing really.
Last edited by beckyjc at Jun 20, 2010,